|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
A new targeted Sam’s Club Amex Offer appeared today which is offering $25 back when spending $200 or more. Note that this is only available for purchases on SamsClub.com though rather than in-store transactions.
- Spend $200+ in one or more transactions online at SamsClub.com and get a $25 statement credit.
- Expires June 23, 2019.
- Offer valid online on US website only at Samsclub.com and via Sam’s Club mobile app (excluding the Scan and Go app).
- Not valid on purchases made in-Club, via the Scan and Go app, phone orders or new memberships.
- Excludes Club pick up paid for in-store.
- Excludes prescription and photo purchases made via Sam’s Club mobile app, Sam’s Club fuel and third Party Services offered to Sam’s Club Members (Auto Buying Program, Payroll, Stationary, Checks, Healthcare, Legal Zoom, Photo Center, Business Payment Solutions, Samsclubcontacts.com, Accounting Services, Business Lending Center, Identity Protection Service, Business Printing).
This is a decent discount as a $25 statement credit works out to be 12.5% savings if spending exactly $200.
As noted earlier, this offer is only available for purchases on the SamsClub.com website, so you can’t take advantage of it in-store. Still, it does mean that you can earn cashback/miles through a shopping portal which provides additional savings.
If you don’t need any merchandise, Sam’s Club also sells a variety of gift cards, including Visa and Mastercard gift cards. Buying a $200 VGC or MGC will result in a net cost of $181.48, so you’d be making a profit of $18.52. Gift card purchases probably won’t track through a portal, but click through from one anyway just in case it does track.
This offer appears to be targeted as I had it on all my cards whereas my wife didn’t have it at all. There might also be a version offering 2,500 Membership Rewards, but I didn’t find that on any of my MR-earning cards.