Update 6/29/20: Simon Mall’s volume gift card site (see more: Simon Visa Gift Card online bulk ordering. Everything you need to know.) is offering several promo codes for “July 4th Savings”, including 20% off purchase fees and free ground shipping on orders of 5 or more cards with the following designs available:
- Simon Mall’s volume ordering site is offering the following discount codes for orders from its bulk gift card site (which requires approval to be able to purchase – see this post for more detail. Note that consumers should register a a consumer here in order to have access to the $1,000 cards.)
- JUL4HOL20: 20% off purchase fees + free ground shipping. Limited to 10 orders per customer. Expires 7/20/20
- FREEGROUND: Free shipping on any order size. Limited to 5 orders per customer. Expires 12/31/20 (subject to change).
- Promo codes can not be combined
- Credit for orders submitted without codes will not be permitted
The best deal here is certainly the chance to get 20% off of purchase fees and free ground shipping. Keep in mind that you will still pay a $10 processing fee per order, but this could still be pretty solid for those buying in volume.
For example, if you were to buy 10 Visa Gift Cards and load them with $1,000 each using code JUL4HOL20, this is how the math would work out in terms of fees:
- 10 x $3.95 = $39.50 – 20% = $31.60
- Add $10 processing
- Total cost = $41.60 ($4.16 per $1,000 Visa Gift Card)
While not the cheapest manufactured spending around, that certainly makes them easily profitable / makes for fairly cheap points for those with a use for the Visa Gift Cards.
The key hurdle for many people is likely to be liquidation. I’m personally still sitting on a sizable quantity of cards because my local grocery store does not sell money orders with a debit card and I haven’t been making any extra liquidation trips. I already used some to pay taxes. That said, I inevitably end up at the grocery store once per week for something, so if I were able to liquidate a few cards at a time there during my ordinary shopping trip, I might consider this. Let me be clear: I don’t think that any points are worth extra unnecessary trips to the store to MS given the current circumstances. That said, with some parts of the country easing restrictions and many people regularly visiting stores for their normal shopping, your situation may be different than mine.
This matches the best promotion we’ve seen yet from Simon’s bulk ordering site and it’s great to see them continue to make the purchasing process easy. I hope we’ll continue to see promotions as life eases into a sense of near-normalcy.