SoFi Money is making it
rain stream. We previously reported that they were offering 20% cashback on Netflix until May, then they came out with a new promotion offering 20% cashback on many different types of streaming entertainment, as well as DoorDash.
I’d assumed that the first promotion had simply been rolled into the second one, extending the expiry date of the Netflix offer to June 30. It turns out that I was wrong and that these two promotions stack for total savings of 40%.
- Offer 1 – Earn 20% cashback on your Netflix subscription when paying with your SoFi Money card
- Offer 2 – Earn 20% cashback on streaming entertainment (including Netflix) when paying with your SoFi Money card
- Offer 1 – Enrollment was required by February 20, 2020 & expires 3 months later. (Other terms apply, see post above.)
- Offer 2 – Expires June 30, 2020. (Other terms apply, see post above.)
John is the one who tipped us off in the comments on the original offer. He enrolled in the first promotion (I don’t think enrollment was required for the second one) and just had his Netflix payment taken for April. Rather than only receiving a statement credit for 20% back, he received 40% back:
- 20% for “Money Netflix Promo”
- 20% for “Money Subscription Promo”
That’s a great deal and is a situation I hadn’t expected. I’m not sure if they intended it that way, but it’s a great result if you switched over your payment method to SoFi Money.
Unfortunately it’s too late to enroll for the initial offer, but if you enrolled and hadn’t gotten around to changing your payment method, it might be worth doing that now as you might still get to take advantage of a couple of months of doubled cashback, depending on what day of the month your payment is taken.