Southwest Airlines is offering those with status with a domestic airline a match to A-List status. If you were recently targeted for instant status with American Airlines, this should be a way to parlay that into status with an additional airline.
- Match to A-List status with Southwest by sending proof of existing status with a domestic airline by email.
- Direct link to offer.
- To be eligible to receive complimentary promotional A-List status, the Member must (a) be an elite status member on another domestic airline; (b) submit proof of his or her other current airline elite card or statement, name, and Rapid Rewards account number and all of the foregoing must be verified by Southwest Airlines.
- Qualification and promotional A-List status confirmation must be completed prior to booking of travel to receive A-List benefits.
- Promotional A-List status confirmation typically takes place within 12 business days of registration and verification process.
- Current A-List Members whose status is expiring are not eligible for the promotion.
- If you qualify for promotional A-List status, during the promotional period, you will not receive an A-List card, but you will receive all A-List status benefits on all flights booked after qualifying for this A-List status match promotion, when you provide your Rapid Rewards account number when making your reservation.
- This complimentary promotional A-List promotion is available to you if you have not received promotional A-List status in any other promotion in the last 12 months.
- To extend promotional A-List status for 12 months, after qualifying for this A-List status match promotion, Member must book and complete three qualifying round trip flights (or six one-way qualifying flights) from your qualifying flights booked and flown between Member’s enrollment date for this promotion and the end of Member’s 90-day promotional period.
- Valid on new reservations booked within the promotional time period only.
- A qualifying one-way flight for A-List status is a one-way revenue flight on Southwest Airlines from an origin city to a destination city, including any intermediate stops and/or connections on Southwest Airlines. A qualifying round trip flight for A-List status is a revenue flight on Southwest Airlines from an origin city to a destination city and back to the originating airport or carrier-recognized co-terminal. Purchased points will not qualify for this A-List status match promotion. Tier qualifying points are earned through the purchase of revenue flights or through the use of the Rapid Rewards Premier Card from Chase.
A-List isn’t a particularly valuable status (the benefits can be seen in the image above), but it’ll certainly make flying with Southwest more pleasant.
American Airlines sent out invitations for instant Gold, Platinum and Platinum Pro status a few weeks ago. If you were one of those lucky enough to have been targeted, it should be possible to use that temporary status to match to A-List. It would also be a good partner if you’ve taken advantage of the current Chase Southwest credit card bonuses offering a companion pass for the remainder of 2019.
If you want to maintain A-List status, you can get it for another 12 months by flying three round trip qualifying flights or six one-way qualifying flights within 90 days of your enrollment date. As per the terms, these have to be reservations that are booked after you’ve received the temporary A-List status and have to be flown within 90 days of your enrollment date.