Thanks to Greek2Me for this tip:
Staples sent out coupons to their favorite customers via email on Monday. One of the coupons was this $15 off your $100 or more purchase:
Greek2Me’s tip was that this coupon works for gift card orders! So, check your spam filter to see if you have one. I did the following:
- I searched my email and found the coupon.
- I clicked “Redeem now” to add the coupon to my shopping cart
- I went to TopCashBack and clicked through to Staples (5.5% cash back!)
- I bought a $100 Visa gift card. After the $5.95 card fee, the total came to $90.95 thanks to the $15 off coupon.
- I used my Ink Bold to get 5 points per dollar from the purchase.
If the TopCashBack trick works, I should get back $5, so my total spend will have been $85.95 and I should get 455 Ultimate Rewards points from my Ink Bold (thanks to the 5X office supply bonus).
You can save an additional $5.95 by buying merchant gift cards instead of Visa gift cards: Marriott, Southwest, Starbucks, etc.
If you haven’t yet signed up for TopCashBack, please consider signing up via this referral link: Sign up for TopCashBack