UPDATE 9/8/2015: Due to vulnerabilities detected in the comment plug-in we were using, we had to disable the plug-in to protect this site’s security. We are actively looking for an alternative, but for now, unfortunately, we’re back to having to enter a comment in order to subscribe.
Sometimes, the best information is found not in my posts, but in the comments of my posts. It has always been possible to subscribe to comments on this blog by writing a comment and selecting a subscription checkbox. If you’ve seen comments that say nothing but “subscribe”, this is why. People had to write something in order to subscribe, so they tended to write “subscribe”. It’s a bit ridiculous, though, to make people write a comment if all they really want to do is lurk. Now, lurkers can rejoice. You can now subscribe to the comments of any post or page on this blog without writing a comment!
Below each page’s comments section, you’ll now see something like this:
Simply click the link and enter in your email address to subscribe to the comments on that page.
Pages worth subscribing to
Any post that you’re particularly interested in may be a good candidate. After subscribing, you’ll receive an email each time someone comments on that page. Many comments will likely be of no interest to you, but you never know when someone will share a critical piece of information.
Here are a few pages that I think are particularly subscription worthy:
- Best Signup Offers: We always post to the comments of this page when new, better offers appear.
- Frequent Miler Laboratory: Find out about the latest experiment results
- Best options for buying Visa and MasterCard gift cards: Options for buying gift cards change regularly. Subscribe here to stay informed.
- The complete guide to Amex gift cards: If you like to earn cash rewards by buying Amex gift cards through cash back portals, you’ll want to stay up to date here.
- The complete guide to Bluebird, REDcard, and Serve: To keep up with general news, questions, and answers about these products, subscribe to this page.
- The complete guide to REDbird: The Target Prepaid REDcard: Keep up to date wit REDbird specific news, questions, and answers.
Last updated on September 8th, 2015