Update: A new round of these emails came out today. Greg reports not having received the first email but receiving this offer today. Interestingly, it still shows the bonus will be earned based on purchases from July 1st through September 30th as long as he registers by 9/30/19. If you’ll be going to Simon Malls between now and 8/4, you may want to keep an eye out for this email.
Chase is sending out a targeted email to Marriott Bonvoy Boundless and Ritz-Carlton credit card holders with a spending offer that looks pretty decent whereby you can earn up to 10K bonus points with $10K spend between July 1, 2019 and September 30, 2019. Since those cards earn a base rate of 2 Marriott Rewards points per dollar spent, that’s a total earn of 3x Marriott points if you spend exactly $10K in the bonus period. While that offer won’t be for everyone, it makes the earnings reminiscent of an old SPG card.
- Targeted spending offer for some Chase Marriott Bonvoy Boundless and Chase Ritz-Carlton Credit Card holders to earn bonus points as follows for purchases made between July 1, 2019 and September 30, 2019:
- Spend $4,000, get 2K bonus points
- Spend $6,000, get 4K bonus points
- Spend $10,000, get 10K bonus points
- Direct link to enter your info and see if you are targeted (YMMV, not positive this will work even for those targeted, so keep your eye out for an email with the subject line: [Name], add 10,000 bonus points to your name
- Targeted and you must activate the offer if targeted
- Must enroll by 09/30/19 11:59 p.m. ET.
- You will qualify for and receive your bonus if you make Purchases with your credit card that total an amount at or above the specified target amount during the promotional period.
This looks like a solid offer if you are targeted since, as mentioned above, you’re earning an effective 3x total if you spend exactly $10K during the promotional period. Keep in mind that purchases must be made between July 1, 2019 and September 30, 2019 to qualify.
Personally, I’d have taken this offer if I were eligible. Unfortunately, none of the cards in my family were targeted. Greg was targeted, so I imagine he’ll be 30K Marriott points the richer for it.