|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Delta and Ticketmaster announced a partnership a few months ago that enabled you to earn bonus SkyMiles when buying event tickets through Ticketmaster.
That partnership kicked off with a limited time rate of 3x bonus SkyMiles per dollar, although that’s since dropped to 1x. Well, for the next few days that rate has, potentially, been increased to 5x which is significantly better than other shopping portals. I say potentially because this offer appears to be targeted, so check your emails to see if you’re one of the lucky ones.
- Earn 5x SkyMiles on Ticketmaster purchases.
- Direct link to offer.
- Expires October 25, 2019.
- This offer is limited to SkyMiles members residing in the U.S. who have received the offer email.
- Selected SkyMiles Members will earn 5X miles, equivalent to 1 base mile plus 4 bonus miles per $1* spent on eligible purchases during the offer period. SkyMiles Members can earn a maximum of 2,500 base miles per member, per month, equivalent to a maximum of 10,000 bonus miles during the offer period.
- Only accrual partner transactions with an activity date between October 21, 2019, through October 25, 2019, will be considered for bonuses. Activity date is defined as the date of the transaction as reported by the partner regardless of the date the transaction is posted in the member’s account.
- Applicable for U.S. dollars or Canadian dollars. Miles are awarded based on the ticket price. Taxes, facility, service, parking, insurance, and other fees are excluded from mileage credit.
- To earn miles, SkyMiles members need to enter their SkyMiles membership number on delta.com/ticketmaster prior to navigating through the link to ticketmaster.com. Only one SkyMiles number can be provided for each purchase transaction. Your SkyMiles number must be entered every time on delta.com/ticketmaster prior to each purchase to qualify for mileage. The SkyMiles account holder must be the same as the Ticketmaster account holder in order to earn miles (Name in both accounts must match).
- Eligible Purchases: Standard ticket inventory offered on ticketmaster.com for events taking place in the United States and Canada is eligible for miles as long as Member is originating from delta.com/ticketmaster and enters a valid SkyMiles number. This includes both primary and resale standard ticket inventory. Purchases made for events in international markets, purchases made without first visiting delta.com/ticketmaster, or purchases made or completed on affiliate sites linked-to from ticketmaster.com (including but not limited to Livenation.com, Frontgate.com, Universe.com, Ticketweb.com and TicketsNow.com) will not be eligible for mileage credit.
- Please allow up to 60 days after the qualifying transaction for bonus miles to be added in your account.
I received an email about this offer yesterday and it came at just the right time as I was just about to buy a ticket to see Switchfoot. Most shopping portals offer a maximum of 1% cashback for regular ticket sales on Ticketmaster, so earning 5x SkyMiles is a great return.
It’s good on up to $2,500 worth of tickets, so this is a great deal for those of you into ticket reselling if you were targeted. My wife didn’t receive an email about this offer, so it does seem like the 5x rate is tied to your SkyMiles account.
There’s no registration required if you’re targeted, although you do have to click through from the delta.com/ticketmaster landing page and enter your SkyMiles number when doing so. The terms state that the bonus miles will be awarded within 60 days, so you might have to wait a couple of months for those to show up in your account.