|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Update 6/10/19: Based on a comment below, it looks like some people are receiving an even better offer for 10,000 points rather than 7,000 points.
American Express is sending targeted emails to Hilton Honors cardholders offering 7,000 bonus points when spending $1,500. With a limit of 21,000 bonus points, this is a pretty generous spending offer, but you could be rewarded even more by upgrading your card instead.
- Enroll your Hilton Honors Amex card and earn 7,000 bonus points when spending $1,500.
- Direct link to registration.
- Enroll and earn 7,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points after each $1,500 you spend in eligible purchases on your Hilton Honors American Express Card (“Purchase Requirement”) starting from the time you complete enrollment through 8/22/2019 (“Purchase Period”), up to a maximum of 21,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points.
- Enrollment period ends on 8/22/2019.
- If you reach the Purchase Requirement, the Hilton Honors Bonus Points will be credited to your Hilton Honors account 6-8 weeks after 8/22/2019.
- Purchases may fall outside of the Purchase Period (and therefore not be eligible for the Bonus Points) in some cases, such as a delay in merchants submitting transactions to us or if the purchase date differs from the date you made the transaction. (For example, if you buy goods online, the purchase date may be the date the goods are shipped.)
- This offer is only available to the Basic Card Member; however, eligible purchases made by Additional Card Members will contribute to the Purchase Requirement.
- Eligible purchases do NOT include fees or interest charges, balance transfers, cash advances, purchases of traveler’s checks, purchases or reloading of prepaid cards, purchases of gift cards, person-to-person payments, or purchases of any cash equivalents.
- Eligible purchases to meet the Purchase Requirement are for goods and services minus returns and other credits.
- To receive the Hilton Honors Bonus Points, your Card Account must not be cancelled or past due at the time of fulfillment. American Express reserves the right to modify or revoke offer at any time.
- The Hilton Honors Bonus Points you may earn during the Purchase Period as part of this offer are in addition to any other Bonus Points you may get from using your Card.
The Hilton Honors Amex card has the following categories:
- 7x – Hilton properties
- 5x – US restaurants
- 5x – US supermarkets
- 5x – Gas stations
- 3x – All other spend
If you spend exactly $1,500, you’re effectively earning 4.66 bonus points per dollar. If you put unbonused spend on the card you’d be earning a total of 7.66 points per dollar which is a pretty good return. With quarterly tax payments due this week, it’s worth considering using this card if you’re not working on minimum spend on another card and don’t have a card that offers better rewards.
If you have the Hilton Honors Amex card, there’s a potentially more rewarding option. It might be possible to upgrade to the Hilton Ascend Amex card, earning 150,000 bonus points when spending $3,000 within 3 months. Earning 150,000 bonus points rather than 14,000 for $3,000 worth of spend means the upgrade offer is significantly better than the spending offer, even when accounting for the $95 annual fee.
That upgrade offer is also targeted though, so if you’re not targeted for the upgrade, this spending offer could be worthwhile.