|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Etihad Guest is offering a 20% transfer bonus on points converted from select loyalty programs. Unfortunately, Membership Rewards and US-based Citi points are not included. Marriott is the only partner that practically makes sense, unless you have a small balance languishing and about to expire one way or another.
- Get a 20% transfer bonus when you transfer from select hotel partners to Etihad Guest
- Direct link to this promotion
- Valid until October 31, 2018
- Participating partners: Accor Hotels, Al Hilal Bank, Club Carlson(Rezidor), Citibank (UAE ONLY), Emirates Islamic Bank, Hilton Honors, Hyatt, IHG, Joyalukkas, NBAD Stars, National Commercial Bank, Shangri-La, Etisalat Smiles, Commercial Bank of Dubai, Boubyan Bank, ADCB TouchPoints, Marriott & UNB
- See promotion page for full terms
Based on the mostly poor conversion ratios, this won’t make sense for transfers from most partners, with Marriott being the key exception. Here are the transfer ratios for participating partners:
Marriott points are the only situation in which this transfer might make sense, especially perhaps if you have a pile of old SPG points that converted favorably to Marriott. Marriott transfers at a 3:1 ratio (with an automatic bonus of 5,000 miles when you convert 60K Marriott points to 20K Etihad miles). After that 5K and the 20% bonus from this promotion, 60K Marriott points will convert to 30,000 Etihad miles. That certainly might not be bad depending on your plans for the miles.
As always, we have added this promotion to our Current point transfer bonuses page.
H/T: THE MILELION
Last updated on November 4th, 2018