|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
TripAdvisor is offering discounts of 5%, 10% or 15% when spending at least $200 on activities and using promo code UNFORGETTABLE.
- Save on activities booked through TripAdvisor when using promo code UNFORGETTABLE.
- Save 5% when spending $200+
- Save 10% when spending $300+
- Save 15% when spending $400+
- Direct link to offer (the offer isn’t displayed on that page, but you should see a small banner about the offer after searching for activities in a specific city.)
- Expires May 21, 2019 at 11:59:59pm EST.
- Offer available for new online bookings only (no phone bookings), and cannot be applied to existing bookings.
- Offer available on https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions only.
With a minimum spend of $200, you’ll need to be spending a decent amount in order to get any kind of discount.
Be sure to check other avenues as TripAdvisor might not have the lowest available prices for activities, even when taking into account the discount from using promo code UNFORGETTABLE.
For example, about 18 months ago we booked an excursion with Kangarrific Tours in Sydney, Australia. This included visiting a wildlife refuge where you can pet kangaroos and koalas, a couple of wineries where you taste at least a dozen different wines, a cheese shop, a chocolaterie and finishing the day at a craft brewery. It’s so much fun, it was our second time taking a tour with them as we’d already done it back in 2014.
Kangarrific Tours sells tickets directly as well through TripAdvisor. If booking through TripAdvisor, prices are $108.49 per person, or a total of $216.98 for two people. By using the promo code, that cost is reduced to $206.13.
If you were to book directly with Kangarrific Tours, you’d be looking at paying $280.
Now, that might seem like TripAdvisor is significantly cheaper, but their price is quoted in US Dollars, whereas the Kangarrific Tours price is quoted in Australian Dollars. When doing the currency conversion, 280 AUD is about ~192 USD, so ~$14 cheaper than TripAdvisor, even with their discount.
Also be sure to check Groupon in case the activities you’re interested in are listed on there. By stacking portal cashback, Groupon promo codes and discounted Groupon gift cards, you might get a significantly better price.
If TripAdvisor activities do price out cheaper than anywhere else though, it looks like payments are processed by Viator. That means it’d code as 3x with the Chase Sapphire Reserve card.