|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
If you’re looking to have a bit of fun by driving your dream car for a day or two (or longer), there’s a new Turo Amex Offer which can help you save money when doing just that.
- Spend $150+ in one or more transactions with Turo & get $45 back with a targeted Amex Offer.
- Expires October 7, 2020.
- Must book directly with Turo.
- Offer valid online at turo.com or via merchant mobile app.
- Cars must be returned and completed by offer end date.
- Drivers under age 25 may have to pay higher rates.
- Remember to check your insurance policy and/or credit card for rental vehicle coverage.
- Excludes transactions not processed directly through Turo, purchases made through international versions of the website, Community Benefits, previously completed trips, and payments made directly to hosts.
In case you’re not familiar with what Turo is, it’s a car sharing marketplace – sort of like Airbnb for cars. I’d heard of Turo in the past and finally had a chance to experience the service a few months ago.
That’s because my in-laws offered to pay for a Tesla rental through Turo for a couple of days for my 40th birthday. We’re doing our 50 state road trip in a 2004 Toyota Corolla, so getting to drive something fancier than that for a couple of days was a lot of fun, although it made going back to our (perfectly adequate) Corolla disappointing afterwards.
My wife took care of actually booking the rental through Turo as they all kept it a surprise from me until we picked up the Tesla. The booking process itself was apparently very straightforward and we had a great experience with the owner when picking up and returning the car.
One of the nice features with Turo is that you know exactly what car you’re going to get, rather than what usually happens with traditional car rental companies where you select a particular category but aren’t necessarily sure what make and model you’ll get when you arrive.
There might be a version of this Turo Amex Offer giving 4,500 Membership Rewards, but we only have the statement credit version of the offer on our Amex cards.