|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Two new Amex Offers are out this week for Marriott Bonvoy properties in the US and US territories that are good until April 15, 2020. These can be a nice way to save a few bucks on a stay.
- There are new Amex Offers out this week to save at Marriott Bonvoy properties in the US and the US territories. Check your Amex account for your offers. We have seen:
- Spend $250+ at Marriott Bonvoy properties in the US and US territories, get $50 back
- Spend $300+ at Marriott Bonvoy properties in the US and US territories, get $45 back
- Expires 4/15/20
- Only valid at Marriott Bonvoy properties in the US and US territories
- Terms state that gift cards are excluded. YMMV.
- Excludes Marriott Vacation Club, Design Hotels, Marriott Executive Apartments, Homes & Villas, & Vistana Signature Experiences
- See your offer for full terms
If you have upcoming stays planned with Marriott Bonvoy properties in the US, these offers can be an easy way to save. Don’t forget to stack your savings by clicking through a shopping portal before booking (see the current best rates at Cashbackmonitor.com). Remember that you do not need to book a prepaid rate to earn portal rewards, you just won’t earn those rewards until after your stay.
While the terms state that these offers exclude gift card purchases, anecdotal experience suggests that gift cards purchased at the front desk of a Marriott Bonvoy hotel will usually trigger these offers. The challenge is finding a hotel that sells gift cards at the front desk and then finding an agent who knows how to sell gift cards (for some reason this always seems more difficult than it should be). The benefit in buying gift cards if you can is that those gift cards should work at most properties worldwide. While gift cards were not accepted at legacy SPG properties immediately following the merger in 2018, I was able to use Marriott gift cards to pay for my incidentals when I stayed at the St. Regis Bora Bora in French Polynesia in September 2019.
If you have a stay planned outside beyond April 15th, keep in mind that you may be able to contact the property directly and make a deposit / prepay the stay with them in order to complete the charge on time. YMMV.
Obviously if you have qualifying stays planned, look for this offer first on any Amex Marriott Bonvoy cards as you will only be able to sync either offer one time.
H/T: No Home Just Roam