American Express and Uber have joined forces to offer a very good deal on rides from select airports through the end of the year.
This holiday season, American Express® Card Members can enjoy 2 free Uber rides (up to $65 each) originating from select airports. Just enter the code AMEXAIRPORT in your Uber app prior to requesting a ride, select an American Express Card as payment for the ride, and complete your trips before 12/31/16.
This promotion works when getting rides from the following airports:
- LaGuardia Airport (LGA)
- John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK)
- Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR)
- Chicago O’Hare International Airport (ORD)
- Chicago Midway International Airport (MDW)
- Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA)
- Boston Logan International Airport (BOS)
- McCarran International Airport (LAS)
- George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH)
- Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD)
- Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA)
- This promotion is only available for American Express Card Members.
- Prepaid Cards not eligible.
- This promotion will cover your fare up to $65 per ride. Any amount over $65 will be charged to the American Express Card on your Uber account that is selected as the payment method for the ride.
- This promotion is valid on all Uber options.
- You must enter the airport name in the pick-up location in the Uber app when requesting your rides.
You can find the full terms here. Note that this promotion has limited enrollment, so it is best to add the code to your app now to load the promotion, even if you won’t use it right away.
HT: The Points Guy
|Name / Link||Offer||Frequent Miler Notes|
|Uber||You will receive $5 towards your first ride if you use my link.||Use to call up cars “on demand” from your smart phone via the Uber app. Trip is automatically charged to your credit card. If you go with UberX (default option) prices tend to be much cheaper than taxis.|
|Lyft||You will receive $5 towards your first ride if you use my link.||Very similar to Uber.|
Last updated on December 20th, 2018