At the beginning of each month, new promotions appear within the Ultimate Rewards Mall. On Monday morning, I’ll provide full coverage of what’s new: both good and bad. Today, I’ll provide some completely baseless guesses as to what we might see on Monday. Keep in mind that I have no inside knowledge whatsoever.
- InterContinental Hotels Group (Holiday Inn, etc.) will increase from 4X to 10X
- JCPenney will increase from 6X to 10X
- Buy.com will repeat at 10X
- Sears will take a break from 10X and stick to 4X or 5X
- Kmart, which dropped from 4X to 2X sometime during the month will pop back up to 4X
- Macy’s will drop from 5X to 3X
- L.L. Bean will drop from 5X to 2X
- Best Buy will try to grab some iPhone 5 orders by jumping from 1X to 2X or 3X
- OfficeMax, OfficeDepot, Staples: 2 out of 3 will go to 5X (currently they are 5X, 3X, and 4X)
- Groupon will increase from 5X to 12X
Once we see the real outcomes on Monday, we’ll score the guesses as follows:
- Correct guess: 1 point
- Directionally correct guess: half a point (e.g. if JCP increases, but not all the way to 10X, I get half a point)
- Wrong guess: 0 points
Since bonus points vary across cards (Ink, Sapphire, Freedom), we will always look to the highest bonus across all cards to determine results. For example, if JCP is 6X for the Ink and Freedom cards, but 7X for the Sapphire then we’ll use 7X as the correct number, and we’ll count the 10X guess as being directionally correct.
Feel free to put your own guesses in the comments below. See if you can beat my score!
Use HikerT’s UR Mall Earnings by Portal page to see (mostly) current bonus points across cards.