|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
The United MileagePlus shopping portal is offering an easy way to boost your miles balance by earning 1,000 bonus miles when taking out a 2 month Wall Street Journal subscription for $1.
- Purchase a two-month Wall Street Journal subscription for $1 and earn 1,000 bonus miles.
- Direct link to offer.
- Offer valid February 4 to February 8, 2019.
- The trial subscription purchase must be made between February 4, 2019 at 12:01am Eastern Time through 11:59 pm Eastern Time on February 8, 2019 and must remain active (i.e., may not be cancelled) for at least 45 days.
- There are no refunds of the $1.00 trial subscription fee.
- If the Member does not cancel the trial subscription by the end of the 2 month trial subscription period, Member’s subscription will automatically convert to a monthly subscription, and Member’s credit card will be charged based on the terms found on the WSJ offer page (please see the link in the email above).
- Offer is limited to one (1) trial digital subscription per United MileagePlus account number.
This is an easy way to boost your MileagePlus balance, although it’ll likely involve having to call to cancel the subscription in a couple of months. My understanding is that California residents are given an option to cancel online, but the rest of us aren’t so lucky.
Make sure you don’t cancel until you’ve had the subscription for at least 45 days. If you’re worried about forgetting to cancel, set a reminder in Google Calendar and have it send you an email towards the end of March.
A similar deal was available a couple of times last year, so if you took advantage of it through the United shopping portal, you won’t be eligible to earn the bonus miles again.
Last updated on February 9th, 2019