Convert your points now and enjoy a 25% bonus on your points-to-miles conversions – up to 20,000 bonus award miles. Hurry, this offer ends November 30, 2016.
How it Works
- Register to earn 25% more miles
- Convert hotel points into MileagePlus miles by November 30, 2016
- Earn 25% bonus miles on all points-to-miles transfers, up to 20,000 bonus award miles
Key Terms & Registering
- To qualify for this offer, members must register for the promotion at www.united.com/pointstomiles between October 12, 2016 and November 30, 2016 (“Promotional Period”).
- A member must earn award miles as a result of one or more points to miles conversion transactions from any combination of MileagePlus hotel partner programs that offer a points to miles transfer program that are conducted during the Promotional Period (“Qualifying Activity”) in order to qualify for MileagePlus Hotel Points-to-Miles bonus miles (“Bonus Miles”).
- At the conclusion of the promotion, all miles earned by each member from Qualifying Activity will be multiplied by 25% (with exception of miles earned from Qualifying Activity with Club Carlson, which will instead be multiplied by 40%, and miles earned from Qualifying Activity with Choice Privileges, which will instead be multiplied by 50%, in each case without duplication of bonuses) to determine the eligible bonus up to a maximum of 20,000 Bonus Miles.
- Bonus Miles will be credited into the member’s account on or before January 30, 2017.
You can find the full terms and register on the promotional page.
One interesting opportunity created by this promotion is with Marriott’s travel packages. For example, since SPG points convert to Marriott at 1:3, you could convert 90K SPG points to 270K Marriott Rewards points. Those 270K Marriott points would get you a 7 night category 1-5 hotel voucher plus 132K United Miles. In addition, you would receive the maximum bonus under this promotion of 20K miles bringing your total to 152K. Keep in mind United miles aren’t as valuable as they were given the recent removal of stopovers on awards.
For more info on the SPG/Marriott opportunity, see: Marriott SPG Complete Guide to Sweet Opportunities
Last updated on December 31st, 2019