Starbucks is offering a promotion for up to 475 bonus Stars when you load your Starbucks account via the Starbucks app with Chase Pay. Since free items (any food or beverage item) cost 125 points each, you can earn enough points for 3 free items with 100 Stars left over if you already have Gold status (otherwise, the first 300 points get you Gold status and then you’ll have more than enough for a free item). This is a good stack with the Chase Pay promo for 1500 bonus Ultimate Rewards points.
- Earn bonus stars when you reload your Starbucks account via Chase Pay between 10/29/18-12/12/18. You must load $20 or more each time and earn:
- 125 bonus stars after Load #1
- 150 bonus stars after Load #2
- 200 bonus stars after Load #3
- Bonus stars will appear within 24 hours
- If you want to stack with the other Chase Pay offer, you’ll want to load $25 each time
- You must load via the Starbucks app and pay with Chase Pay
This is a decent offer if you’re a Starbucks regular. Those who already have Gold status are getting a free item with each reload (and almost enough for 4 free items total if doing all 3 reloads).
We posted earlier today about a Chase Pay Promo for 1500 bonus Ultimate Rewards points when you use Chase Pay for 5 purchases of at least $25 each between now and 12/31/18. That should stack with this promo, so I would suggest making 3 reloads of $25 each. You’ll then just need to do two more $25 Chase Pay purchases to earn 1500 points. If you do some mental gymnastics and divide the bonus UR points per transaction, each $25 load is earning you a return worth about 20% (depending on your valuation of Ultimate Rewards points) plus you’re earning a free item (worth a few bucks). It’s a decent deal IMO for those who frequent Starbucks.
If you do not yet have Starbucks Gold status, you’ll need to earn 300 Stars. If you have 0 stars right now, you’ll earn Gold status after the second load and then start earning free stuff with the third load.
H/T: Doctor of Credit
Last updated on November 7th, 2018