Several cash back and mile-earning portals offer rebates/miles for shopping for American Express gift cards. If you have the Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard, you can now shop through their RewardsBoost portal to earn 4 miles per dollar!
That’s not all. The Alaska Airlines and Delta portals have increased their rewards rates to 3 miles per dollar as well! And, as I reported earlier today, TopCashBack is now offering 3% cash back.
To remove purchase fees (but not shipping fees), use code: FPVALAF
- Amex gift cards do not have PINs. They cannot be used to load Bluebird cards.
- Some credit card companies (such as Citibank) charge cash advance fees when purchasing these online. Last I checked, Chase, Amex, and Barclaycard were safe. I can’t vouch for others.
- Portals often state that using codes not found on their site will invalidate cash back / miles earned. This has not been my experience. I use codes for free gift cards every time.
- Some portals restrict the top card amount to $500. You can easily circumvent this by logging into your Amex account (after clicking through from the portal) and then you’ll see values up to $3000. Yes, you should still get cash back or miles (that has been my experience).
- Cash back can take several months to go from pending to payable.
- Miles often take several weeks or even a month or more to post, but then appear immediately in your mileage account.
- How to Spend Down Amex Gift Cards
- Links to sign up for cash back portals (and other things), can be found here.
Never miss a Quick Deal. Subscribe here.