U.S. Bank is once again offering increased bonuses on two of their FlexPerks cards as part of an Olympic promotion.
Apply for a new U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Travel Rewards Visa Card or FlexPerks Business Edge™ Travel Card between 8/1/2016 and 9/3/2016, then, upon approval, make a purchase with your new card by 9/30/2016 – and you could earn Bonus FlexPoints for every medal Team USA wins at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games, courtesy of Visa!
How it Works
The sign-up bonus for either card is 20,000 FlexPoints after $2K spend in 4 months. In addition you earn bonus points based on the U.S. teams medal count as follows:
- Each Gold medal earns 200 bonus points
- Each Silver medal earns 100 bonus points
- Each Bronze medal earns 50 bonus points
For example, during the 2012 London Olympics the U.S. team won 46 Gold medals, 29 Silver medals and 29 Bronze medals. Under this promotion that would earn a bonus of 13,550 points.
Note: The normal sign-up bonus for these cards is 20K after $3,500 spend in 4 months. This offer has a lower spend threshold plus the Olympic bonus.
- Offer valid to new U.S. Bank FlexPerks Travel Rewards Visa Signature and U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Business Edge Travel Rewards Visa Card applicants who apply at any participating U.S. Bank branch location, call 24-hour banking or apply online at flexperks.com/visapromo between August 1, 2016, and September 3, 2016.
- Applicants must be approved for either the FlexPerks Travel Rewards Visa Signature or FlexPerks Business Edge Travel Rewards card and make a minimum of one net purchase to the Account Owner’s individual account by September 30, 2016, to receive the Visa Rio Bonus FlexPoints.
- The awarded amount of bonus FlexPoints will be based upon the results of the Rio 2016 Olympic Games.
- The Visa Rio Bonus FlexPoints are in addition to the one-time enrollment bonus FlexPoints offer and are not contingent on meeting a spend threshold.
You can find links to the applications on our Best Signup Offers page.
HT: Doctor of Credit
Last updated on December 31st, 2019