|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Aeroplan is out with what is a great offer that is worth your full attention: join Aeroplan and earn at least 1 mile by September 30th (which could be through the shopping portal or by transferring from Membership Rewards or Capital One in addition to miles earned by flying) and get 2500 bonus miles. The reason this is worth your attention is that Air Canada announced yesterday that they will be introducing family mileage pooling, meaning that you will eventually be able to pool miles with up to 8 family members — making this bonus potentially quite valuable if you have any family members who do not yet have Aeroplan accounts.
- Join Aeroplan and earn your first mile by September 30, 2020 and get 2,500 bonus miles
- Direct link to this promotion
- To qualify for the 2,500 bonus miles, you must become an Aeroplan member by completing and submitting the online enrollment form and make a first accumulation transaction with an eligible Aeroplan partner by September 30, 2020.
- Membership is free.
- Offer represents a one-time bonus only.
- Please allow 6-8 weeks after your first transaction for the miles to be credited to your account.
- Offer is subject to change at Aeroplan’s sole discretion without notice; other conditions and restrictions may apply.
- For questions related to this offer, please reference the following promotion code when contacting Aeroplan:9PN2.
Again, the angle that makes this particularly appealing is mileage pooling. I imagine that many readers already have an Aeroplan account (if you don’t, it is definitely worth signing up now with this offer for free miles), but the fact that you will eventually be able to pool miles within a family means that now is a good time to encourage your loved ones to join and earn a mile through the shopping portal if they don’t have Membership Rewards or Capital One points to transfer. You can bet that everyone in my family will be joining Aeroplan. Keep in mind though that this creates a shared balance that can be used by anyone in the family.
Also remember that Air Canada said that the family pooling feature would be reconsidered if abused. I definitely don’t recommend creating fictitious accounts. This is a great feature to have, so don’t get carried away with it.
For those who have large families, this could be a terrific opportunity. A family of 5 could put together enough miles for a one-way partner award ticket on United within the continental US given that itineraries of 1,501 to 2,750 miles cost 12,500 miles on partner airlines within North America. There are obviously other great uses of Aeroplan miles as well, so any way you slice it this is a nice deal.