- My attempt to double dip by buying gift cards through the Ultimate Rewards Mall and then using the gift card through Big Crumbs failed. Big Crumbs reported 0 cash back for the transaction.
- I was ready to throw in the towel on Magazines.com when a reader named Anita posted comments on several Frequent Miler pages. She may have found a way to double dip: have one person buy a gift card for another person and have the second person buy magazines. Both would go through the Ultimate Rewards Mall to make these purchases. I’ll try this myself soon and report back.
- Anita also reported a conversation with Chase in which they asserted that magazines that auto-renew will receive points (despite the T&C implying otherwise). As others have speculated, Chase says that you will get bonus points for the original purchase, but when the magazines renew you won’t get additional bonus points. This is great news since many magazines are set to automatically renew.
- Look for a post on Monday detailing how to enter for a chance to win the Nook I wrote about!
- Groupon seems to have disappeared from the Ultimate Rewards Mall. Suddenly those Groupon Getaways don’t look nearly as appealing as they did a few days ago. Sigh.
- If you’re interested in attending the Kiva DO March 9-12, please read about it here. If you decide you want to attend, please post your decision to that thread as well.
- Has anyone received results yet from buying gift cards at Staples.com through the Ultimate Rewards Mall? This can be a great triple dip opportunity if it works! Dip 1 = UR Mall 5X points; Dip 2 = 5X for Chase Ink Bold; Dip 3 = Use the gift card for more purchases through an online Mall (multiplier would depend on which merchant you buy from)!