When planning our posts, we often just write about whatever is top of mind. But we’d like your suggestions too. Do you have ideas for blog posts that you’d like to read? If so, please comment below!
Via our Frequent Miler Insiders Facebook Group, we asked the same question and received many great suggestions. Here are some of my favorites, in no particular order:
- How to get under 5/24 and what to do while waiting. It would be nice to have a dedicated page/post with best non-reporting biz offers for those in our category. [Note: we already answered this suggestion with a new post: Best business card offers that don’t add to 5/24]
- Comparison of Award Ticket Cancellation/Miles Redeposit Fees and Deadlines across Programs that Are Available Using Transferable Points Currencies. [Note: I’d like this too!]
- How to get to the 2020 Summer Olympics in Tokyo on points.
- A deep dive on credit card insurance benefits (also looking at lesser known cards and not just citi/chase) [Note: we have covered this with respect to ultra-premium cards (found here), but not others]
- Easy ways to get decent value from Thank You points
- The ins and outs of annual travel/trip insurance highlighting the overlap with credit card benefits. [Note: I like this topic, but I’m personally completely unqualified to write it since I’ve never purchased travel insurance]
- How to plan award/low cost travel for families with school grade children. Having such limited windows of opportunity to travel – school breaks typically around holidays, which are also the busiest travel times leading to shortages in award availability.
- A status match deep dive… include all the current known status matches plus the easiest ways to get status that can then be matched to each program.
- The best ways to earn and redeem points for Bucket List products like Singapore Suites, The Apartments, QSuites.
- Recommendations for [using] orphaned points for some of the major point currencies
- A tutorial for beginners, starting with the basics (like don’t just start applying for cards etc), a list showing abbreviations, acronyms and their meanings.