The World of Hyatt Q1 2020 promo is out and it looks decent, especially for those who have the World of Hyatt credit card. Everyone can earn 2x base points starting with their second stay between February 15, 2020 and May 15, 2020. World of Hyatt credit card holders will also earn 1500 bonus points per stay, starting with their second, that includes a Friday, Saturday, or Sunday night.
- Get 2x base points on all Hyatt stays beginning with your second stay from February 15, 2020 to May 15, 2020. World of Hyatt credit card holders also get a bonus 1500 points per stay beginning with the second stay that includes a Friday, Saturday, or Sunday night.
- Direct link to register
- Double Points bonus: You must be a member of World of Hyatt and register for the promotion between February 5 and March 31, 2020 to participate.
- All eligible paid stays under this promotion must occur after registration and have a checkout date between February 15 and May 15, 2020 (“Promotion Period”).
- Beginning on your second eligible stay, you will receive double points per eligible stay at Hyatt hotels and resorts worldwide and participating M life Rewards destinations and Small Luxury Hotels of the World hotels.
- Maximum 100,000 Bonus Points may be earned for the Double Points bonus during Promotion Period.
- Hyatt and World of Hyatt Credit Card additional bonus: Beginning on your second eligible stay during the Promotion Period, you will receive an additional 1,500 Bonus Points per eligible stay, starting with your second stay, that includes a Friday, Saturday or Sunday night during the Promotion Period. World of Hyatt will only fulfill the promotion for eligible stays completed after your registration date. Maximum 100,000 Bonus Points may be earned for the Hyatt and World of Hyatt Credit Card bonus during the promotion period.
- Only Base Points are doubled, and all points awarded under this promotion are Bonus Points.
- For the purpose of this promotion, an “Eligible Stay” is defined as any night where a member is paying an Eligible Rate for at least one night of their stay.
- Stays on consecutive nights at the same hotel will constitute one stay.
- Only the room occupied by the Member will count toward this promotion.
- Please allow two to three weeks after your qualifying stay for Bonus Points to be posted to your World of Hyatt account.
- See promotion page for full terms
Double base points is a decent offer given the relative value of Hyatt points. With double base points, members would earn:
- General member: 10x points per dollar
- Discoverist: 10.5 points per dollar
- Explorist: 11 points per dollar
- Globalist: 11.5 points per dollar
According to our Reasonable Redemption Values, we value Hyatt points at around 1.5c each, so the total return on a paid stay becomes decently competitive, especially if you intend to leverage your Hyatt points for more valuable redemptions.
Those who have the World of Hyatt credit card have an even stronger opportunity to earn: beginning with their second stay, they will earn 1500 bonus points on every stay that includes a Friday, Saturday, or Sunday night.
Note that you can earn a maximum of 100,000 bonus points during the promotion period.
Those with the World of Hyatt credit card can make out pretty well here. A $100 Hyatt Place stay on a Friday night would earn 2,500 World of Hyatt points for a cardholder with no status — that’s halfway to a free night at a Category 1 property. If you can also find an opportunity to stay at one of the Hyatt properties that is offering 500 bonus points per night, all the better.
Note that registration is required before you stay, so be sure to register now at the link under “The Deal” above.
We have added this to our current hotel promotions database.
H/T: God Save the Points