Two pieces of news in one here: first, Wyndham Rewards has a shopping portal (who knew?). Second, they are offering double points for purchases made by 7/15/19. The email I received indicated that the double points promo sounded targeted, but I see this advertised on the main shopping portal page before logging in and based on the terms I think it should be open to all members (indeed the payouts shown already reflect the double). Most of the payouts are pretty poor, but some might be decent enough to top off an account if you need to pack away some extra Wyndham points and/or for transfer to Caesars Total Rewards.
- The Wyndham Rewards shopping portal is offering double points when you make qualifying purchases through July 15, 2019
- Direct link to the shopping portal
- To qualify for the Double Points Wyndham Rewards points offer (“Double Points Offer”), a Wyndham Rewards Member must, between 5:30 AM EST June 8, 2019 and 11:59 PM EST July 15, 2019 (the “Promotion Period”) make a purchase on www.wyndhamrewards.com/shopping while signed in to their Wyndham Rewards account (each, an “Offer Qualifying Purchase”).
- A Member who qualifies for the Double Points Offer will receive double Wyndham Rewards points for each Offer Qualifying Purchase completed.
- Double points will be calculated on the Base Points such Member would have earned for such purchase.
- The bonus Wyndham Rewards points earned by a Member pursuant to these Promotion Terms (the “Double Points Bonus”) will be posted to such Member’s Member account within 45 days following the completion of such Member’s Offer Qualifying Purchase.
- In the event an Offer Qualifying Purchase qualifies for any other promotion or offer which would yield greater points earning for the Member than would be realized pursuant to this Double Points Offer (a “Better Offer”), the Better Offer will be deemed to prevail.
- See full terms and conditions here
I’m not sure how long Wyndham Rewards has had a shopping portal, but its existence was news to me when I received this email. Payouts were generally pretty poor at first glance.
However, there is no way (as far as I can tell) to sort retailers by payout, so you would have to load the list one page after another (or search for a specific store name) to hunt for deals.
All that said, I saw at least a few stores that might OK if you have a decent use in mind for Wyndham Rewards. Keep in mind that the rates shown appear to already be doubled. For example, the payout at ShoeMall.com is 14x. I initially thought this would be doubled to 28x, but then I realized that it says it “was” 7x and will be 14x “until 7/15/19” — so apparently the rates displayed are already doubled.
Wyndham Rewards used to charge 15K points per night for award stays at all hotels, but they recently devalued and now charge 7.5K, 15K, or 30K per night depending on the property (count on most properties you’d want to stay at charging 30K). Then, on June 1st, they removed the all-inclusive properties altogether. In light of those devaluations, most readers probably won’t be interested in focusing too heavily on the Wyndham portal. However, this could be a useful way to top off orphaned points after you burned off most of your stash prior to the devaluation. It may also be a decent deal since you can move Wyndham points to Caesar’s Total Rewards in chunks of 5K, which can then be used at a value of 1c each. If you status matched to Caesar’s Diamond, 1K points will get you into a Diamond lounge in Vegas, which might be worth it if you go bust and need some free eats.
It doesn’t look like any registration is required, so this is just another portal to keep in mind if you have purchases to make over the next month and need some Wyndham points for one reason or another.