Welcome to our weekly list of what’s ending this week as well as a collection of some of the best ongoing deals around.
This week marks the coming end of 2017 — and with it, many deals will end next Sunday. Keep in mind that some merchants could process a charge a bit late — I wouldn’t wait until next Sunday if you’ve got these deals in mind.
Today, the 10x Ultimate Rewards deal at Best Buy will come to an end. This one is good for an easy 4,000 points per Freedom/Sapphire card, but if you’re new to Chase Pay, see my pro tip under that deal below.
While the $20 back on $50 Google Express offer and TopCashBack Amex Gift Card cashout bonuses end in the middle of the week, the lion’s share of deals end next Sunday. There are some really solid options in the lot — from 20K Membership Rewards with a $1,000 KLM booking to the tiered AA Holiday Checklist (good for up to 50K AA miles), you can put together a lot of points in a hurry. If you’re looking for a Serve ONE VIP, remember that applications for that card will end on Sunday — as will applications for targeted offers of 30K or 35K Starpoints with the Amex SPG cards. Great bonuses abound, so create a plan of attack to make sure you maximize the deals you’re eyeing.
Without further ado, here are this week’s Last Chance Deals. Those are followed by deals that Won’t Last Long and our Other Limited-time Offers. Deals in bold were posted this week.
|Last Chance Deals|
Expires Sunday, December 24th
- Update: Chase Pay: 10x at Best Buy up to $400 per card, not targeted: Pro tip for those new to Chase Pay: Don’t forget to switch which card is being used to pay before the cashier scans your QR code and you end up with $400 in gift cards charged to your Marriott card that is not part of the promo. Can you tell I made a rookie mistake yesterday? Also, be prepared to have everyone direct you to touch your phone to the payment terminal when you show them the QR code. Don’t do it. If your screen is unlocked and you touch your phone to the payment terminal, I think it’s possible that you may activate Android Pay/Apple Pay instead of Chase Pay. Just politely get the cashier to scan your QR code and it should work fine.
Expired Thursday, December 28th
- New Google Express offer: $20 or 2K back on $50: Be sure to see Greg’s post (Recovering from my Google Express fail) about Google’s inaccurate order estimates to be sure you don’t miss out on this offer.
Expires Friday, December 29th
Expires Sunday, December 31st
- Targeted offers for 30K-35K Starpoints
- Flying Blue Promo awards, save on business class to Europe
- Get 10,000 points back on a $500 prepaid hotel booking
- Another great offer: Alaska Airlines – spend $250, get $50/5K back [Targeted]
- If you’re going to Vancouver, grab a gift card
- Status match to top-tier with National Rental Cars
- Hilton Double Up: 2X points Sept 1-December 31st, Diamonds earn more
- Hyatt Globalist fast track for all credit card holders:
- Low-hanging fruit: 3K points for a dollar (or less):
- New Hertz offer stacks for 15% back total + United miles:
- $40 back at Doubletree with new Amex Offer
- 1K bonus Amtrak points with SPG
- 2500 points for four small purchases [Targeted?]
- New Chase Offers: 1800Flowers brands, Etsy, Wayfair, more (Offers expire 12/31/17, 1/4/18, or 2/13/18)
- Chase Pay eBags promo: 2K Ultimate Rewards on $20+
- Serve One VIP to be discontinued
- New Chase Offer: 10% back at Starbucks up to $100
- Save on Universal Studios, Gas, Lowe’s, more w/ new offers (Offers for Exxon-Mobil, Lowe’s, Mont Blanc, and Reebok Expire 12/31/17)
- New offer for 5x at Sam’s Club (up to 1500 additional points) [Targeted]: If you had this offer but didn’t have a Sam’s Club membership, check out the deal on membership found under “Shopping” below ending on 1/31/18.
- Office Depot: Spend $50, get 1K Membership Rewards or $10 back [Targeted]
- $30 off of $60 at Amazon with 1 Membership Rewards point [Targeted]
- 50% transfer bonus: Hotels to Asia Miles
- Cool promo: Earn 50K bonus AA miles w/ partner activity
- Awesome new offers to save $$ at many stores (Best Buy and many others expire 12/31/17)
- 20K Membership Rewards, $5 back on $5 & other new offers (KLM and Gilt offers expire 12/31)
- 5.5x on groceries, 4x on gas & more extra point offers [Targeted]
- Extra 1x at Walmart.com and other retailers
- Double points with Club Carlson Visa
- Earn a couple bucks on Plastiq payments with Drop
- Pay mortgage by Mastercard w/ 1.5% fee after rebate: Set up three payments that pay before 12/31/17.
- More Amex 2X merchants
|Won’t Last Long|
- Nice deal: MoviePass + Fandor for 1 year: $89.99: This one doesn’t have an expiration date, but it probably won’t continue for long.
- Use your free travel credits before it’s too late
- Maldives Overwater Bungalow as low as 76K per night!: It’s hard to say whether this one will or won’t last. This could be a short-term deal or it could be the new normal for this property — we can certainly hope for the latter.
|Other Limited-Time Offers|
Sign-up Bonuses / Credit Cards
- Update: both 45K & 18K Wyndham offers return
- Uber Visa app is now live: There is no set expiration date for this offer, but it is a new card that may be of interest to some readers.
- Big Virgin Atlantic “90K” offer returns
- New Savor card earns 3% back on dining
- New 50K signup offer worth $500 in travel
- 60K offers return on Citi AA cards
- 50K offer now live: BOA Premium Rewards Credit Card: This is a great new offer that boils down to $500 back on $3K spend.
- Marriott 120K offer now public: There are two offers out on the Marriott credit card. See this post for info about the new 120K offer and a link for a comparison of all of the Marriott/SPG offers.
- 40K AA miles w/ 1 purchase: New Aviator Business card link
- 60K JetBlue miles with newly increased offer: This is the best offer we’ve ever seen on this card.
- Great new 10K MQM + 40K miles business card offer: The offer previously increased on the personal version — now that offer has been bumped up on the business card, too. This is a great time to go for this card if it’s on your radar.
- 20,000 Marriott points per referral up to 100K per year
- Nice: 60K American AAdvantage miles after a single purchase + fee
- Highest-ever bonus: 40K miles & 10K MQMs: This is the best bonus there has ever been on the Reserve card. If you’re eligible and had it on your radar, this is definitely the bonus to take on this card.
- Up to 50,000 JetBlue TrueBlue points for student loan refinance: There is no set expiration date on this offer.
- Up to 75K United miles with targeted MileagePlus Explorer offer
- Better than Best Offers available for some cards
- Didn’t see this coming: New 125K Hilton offer (Expires 1/17/18)
- Great new targeted offer out for 75K Delta miles (Expires 1/24/18)
- Now up to $50 GC when dining out (w/ minimum purchase): I’m not sure if this is a temporary or permanent increase, but you can get some pretty nice rewards when dining out through the Seated app right now.
- No more Starpoints for Uber from December 17: You will no longer earn Starpoints with Uber after 11:59pm EST on 12/17.
- Now up to 100K at 1mi/$1 investing with Lending Club (Expires 1/9/17)
- 6K points for skiing in Aspen [Targeted] (Expires 1/12/18)
- Earn 5K Alaska miles per referral [Targeted?] (Expires 1/15/18)
- Up to 15,000 Wyndham points with Visa Checkout (Book by 1/31/18, stay by 2/28/18)
- Get $60 back on $300 at Hilton & Curio [Targeted] (Expires 1/31/18)
- IHG Point Breaks list is live for bookings through 1/31/18 (Expires 1/31/18)
- IHG Point Breaks list Oct 30-Jan 31st: The list goes live on 10/30 and is available through 1/31/18.
- Big Hertz / United 5K+ per rental offer returns [Targeted]: Earn bonus miles for rentals through 1/31/18)
- SPG, Marriott, Hilton 2018 Q1 promotions open for registration (Promotions end 4/15/18 or 4/30/18. Register by 3/31/18)
- A 91K IHG Accelerate offer: What did you get? (Ends 4/30/18, don’t forget to register)
- One Two Free is back: 1 free day after 2 rentals: Earn through 2/28/16, use certificates by 6/15/18)
- $15 back with each dine in major cities through this app
- 1-800 Flowers Amex Offer & Mileage Stacking
- Earn 3X JetBlue Points Per Dollar Shopping on Amazon
- Get Great Moving Offers Including 15% Off Amazon & More
- Earn 1.5k-5k AA miles for joining Sam’s Club
- Stack for $40 off $100 at Google Express [Targeted, but widely available] (Expires 1/5/18)
- Add fast: 2K back on $100 at Staples, 2K back on $75 in groceries, and more [Some targeted] (Expires 1/15/18)
- 11.5K Membership Rewards for furniture, new Boxed offer, delayed Delta offer, and more (Furniture offer expires 1/21/18, some sooner)
- $15 back on $30 at Sam’s Club online [Targeted] (Expires 1/31/18)
- Stack $25 off Sam’s Club membership w/ AA miles or gift card for joining (Expires 1/31/18)
- 10,000 points with 10 purchases [Targeted] (Expires 1/31/18)
- Spend $300 on wine, get 9000 points; Spend $200, get 6000 w/ new offers [Targeted?] (Expires 2/20/18)
- Get 4,000 Membership Rewards with $300 Marriott spend [Targeted] (Expires 2/28/18)
- Awesome: 5K points for Amazon Prime Membership [Targeted] (Expires 3/2/18)
- 30K Membership Rewards w/ new Yelp offer (Expires 4/9/18)
- [Targeted] 30% off some Amazon categories (up to $15) (Codes expire 6/30/18)
Bank Account Bonuses