November 21, 2012
Blogger U Can Fly Free 2 alerted me to this deal (see his post here). On Black Friday (Nov 23rd) and Saturday (if any are left) OfficeMax will let you buy a $100 Visa or MasterCard for $15 off. Since they charge a $5.95 fee for each Visa or MasterCard gift card, the total should come to $90.95. It’s rare to get a 9% discount when buying money!
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns extra points at office supply stores!
Note some restrictions:
- Limit one $15 reward per customer. Reports from SlickDeals say that last year the “reward” was a discount off the purchase price (not OfficeMax rewards) and that some stores allowed customers to buy more than one.
- Offer valid in store only. Self explanatory.
- Limit 35 cards per store unless prohibited by law. I think this means that each store will only sell 35 discounted gift cards. Once they’ve sold 35 they will stop offering the discount. I doubt many stores have that many on the rack anyway so it may not really matter. I am a bit curious which States prohibit the 35 item limit…
- Customers may not purchase multiple Visa gift cards and/or MasterCard gift cards in denominations that cumulatively amount to $100 or more to meet the minimum purchase requirement. This means that if you can’t find any $100 cards, you can’t buy two $50 cards and hope to get the discount.
- MaxPerks Rewards are not redeemable for this offer. If you’ve earned MaxPerks rewards from previous deals, you can’t use those rewards to buy these gift cards.