November 22, 2012
For Thanksgiving, I should be writing about being thankful for family and friends, for readers who seem to enjoy the crazy stuff I write, and for peace on earth (where available). Yes, I’m thankful for all that, but that’s not what this blog is about, is it? Here are things I am really thankful for…
- Chase: Thank you for bringing us the beautiful, rewarding, and indestructible Sapphire Preferred card, and then topping even that with the Ink Bold (and Ink Plus, and Ink Classic, and Ink Cash). I love Ultimate Rewards, and I love 5X!
- American Express: Thank you for throwing money our way via social media promotions, Small Business Saturday, and other occasions. Thank you too for your Target and Campus Edition cards. But mostly, thank you for Bluebird. What a terrific gift that has been!
- Chase, Amex, Citi, Barclay, BOA: Thank you for continuing to provide wonderful sign-up bonuses for your credit cards. And, thank you for providing awesome category bonuses as well!
- Club Carlson: Thanks for offering the best points promotions of the year!
- Kiva.org: Thank you for providing a way to help people in the poorest countries around the world earn a living. And, thank you for helping us earn miles and elite status too!
- Office Depot, Walgreens, CVS, Rite Aid: Thank you for selling what we need.
- Sears: Thank you for helping us earn Southwest Companion passes and countless Ultimate Rewards!
- Staples: Thank you for so often bringing us Easy Rebates that truly are easy, often are quite rewarding, and sometimes lead to free spend and points.
- MyPoints and OpenSky: It took quite a while, but my 150 points per dollar finally arrived. Thank you!
- Points Envy: Thank you for failing in your attempt to assassinate travel bloggers at the Chicago Seminars. I was there and thankfully, I survived. I’m a bit nervous about Frequent Traveler University, though…