Valid through: ? (this probably won’t last long)
Several cash back and mile-earning portals offer rebates/miles for shopping for American Express gift cards. BigCrumbs, which is now offering 3.5% cash back (but they have dropped the referral cash back to zero). They are also offering a code to remove card fees (but you’ll still have to pay for shipping): FPVALAF.
Hat Tip: Cheryl
In case you’re interested, here are the current rates from some other portals:
- Barclaycard Rewards Boost: 4X miles (requires Arrival card)
- TopCashBack: 3%
- Alaska Mileage Plan: 3X
- Delta SkyMiles: 3X
- Amex gift cards do not have PINs. They cannot be used to load Bluebird cards.
- Some credit card companies (such as Citibank) charge cash advance fees when purchasing these online. Last I checked, Chase, Amex, and Barclaycard were safe. I can’t vouch for others.
- Portals often state that using codes not found on their site will invalidate cash back / miles earned. This has not been my experience. I use codes for free gift cards every time.
- Some portals restrict the top card amount to $500. You can easily circumvent this by logging into your Amex account (after clicking through from the portal) and then you’ll see values up to $3000. Yes, you should still get cash back or miles (that has been my experience).
- Cash back can take several months to go from pending to payable.
- Miles often take several weeks or even a month or more to post, but then appear immediately in your mileage account.
- How to Spend Down Amex Gift Cards
- Links to sign up for cash back portals (and other things), can be found here.
Never miss a Quick Deal. Subscribe here.