Update: This post includes offers that were valid at the time of publication, but have since expired. Please click here to see the best offers currently available.
This past week, Hilton introduced a new feature of the Hilton Honors program: the ability to pool points with up to 10 other members for free. This allows you to combine points with friends or family members in order to book awards, experiences, or just to take advantage of another member’s status benefits.
- Combine Hilton points into a “pool” with up to 10 other members (transfer Hilton Honors points for free)
- An individual can transfer up to 500,000 points into a pool in a calendar year
- An individual can receive to to 2,000,000 total points in a calendar year
- No limit to the number of pools you can join
- Pooled points are available immediately, but may take up to 24 hours to appear in your account
- Must have been a member for at least 30 days and have at least 1,000 points in order to pool
This new feature is a great way for people to share points for an expensive reward or to bid on the occasional Hilton Honors auctions. Points can be used for room rewards, points & money bookings, merchandise rewards or basically any normal use of Hilton points. The fact that each person can join an unlimited number of pools means you can more or less transfer your points to anyone without much restriction. Clearly, one use of this benefit would be to take advantage of the status benefits of a Gold or Diamond member. The only real restriction is that both accounts must have been open for at least 30 days and the terms state that you must have at least 1,000 points in your account to pool. The process of pooling is quite simple — Mommy Points has a clear and simple explanation showing where to click and how to invite others to your “pool”. With the increased sign up bonuses on both the
Amex Hilton Honors Surpass and the Amex Hilton Honors cards, it would be possible for a couple or small group to combine points quickly for a valuable award.