Lending Club has sent out offers in the past to pay out 1 United mile for every $2 invested through the Lending Club Platform. They have recently increased the offer: you can now earn 1 United Mileage Plus mile for every $1 invested up to 100,000 miles.
- Earn up to 100,000 United miles by investing with Lending Club
- Earn 1 mile per $1 invested (in “new money”) by January 9, 2018
- Direct link (don’t forget to add your MileagePlus number to your account)
- Must transfer in funds of at least $2,500 and invest those funds
- Must be “new funds” (transferred in from an external bank account; you don’t have to be a new investor)
- Must invest those funds by purchasing Notes through the Lending Club platform
I’ve never invested with Lending Club, but I’ve been somewhat intrigued at the possibility of earning both miles and a cash profit. They claim historical returns of 4-6%, though note that you could of course lose everything. That said, with some due diligence and diversification, losses shouldn’t be that drastic unless Lending Clubs shuts its doors. Gary Leff at View from the Wing suggests that an interesting play might be to invest, hold for a month, and then sell off the investments. Depending on your interest earnings, it might be possible to break even. That said, I have no experience with the platform and suggest you do your research before getting involved.
H/T: View from the Wing