JetBlue has sent out an email to TrueBlue members offering a rebate on award bookings: Get 15% of redeemed points back. If you have the JetBlue Plus credit card, this stacks with the 10% you normally get back by holding that card for a total of 25% back. Remember that you can top up your JetBlue TrueBlue account at a 1:1 ratio thanks to the current transfer bonus from Membership Rewards (See our Current point transfer bonuses page).
Those who just opened the JetBlue Plus card in the last day or two thanks to the new 60,000 point signup bonus might wonder whether or not they already qualify for the 10% back on award redemptions. I don’t know the answer to that. If any readers know how soon after approval you qualify for that credit card benefit, please let us know in the comments.
- Get 15% of your points back when you book an award flight by 11/14 for travel through 2/14/18
- Stacks with 10% back if you are a JetBlue Plus card holder
- Register on the promotion page
- Must register before booking (see link above)
- Must book by 11:59pm ET 11/14
- New bookings only (previous bookings or changes do not qualify)
- Rebate will post within 4-6 weeks of the promotion end date (2/14/18)
This is a nice deal if you’re looking at any JetBlue award travel between now and February (and you haven’t yet booked your ticket). Getting 15% back is great on its own — the ability to stack it with the credit card rebate is icing on the cake. For those skeptical of whether or not it would stack, rest assured that JetBlue is explicitly advertising that in their email to members.
Charlie at Running with Miles shows how the 15% back promo could result in Mint class flights for as little as 15K points see his post— for more on that. The newly improved 60,000 point offer is certainly attractive on its own — a stacking offer like this sweetens the deal if you’ve already got TrueBlue points in your account that are ready to redeem.