Note: American Express is a Frequent Miler advertiser. Please see our Advertiser Disclosure.
|Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express||60K + $50: 60K after $3K spend in 4 months + $50 statement credit after Delta purchase in 1st 4 months|
The Gold DeltaSkyMiles Credit Card from American Express often has a compelling signup bonus, but past the first year I don’t recommend this card for most people.
After the first year those who fly Delta often will probably get more value from the Delta Platinum or Reserve card. If you do not fly Delta often, consider cards with points transferable to airlines (e.g. Amex EveryDay, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Amex SPG, etc.), or those in which points can be used to pay for travel (e.g. Barclays Arrival Plus, Capital One Venture, etc.), or even cash back cards (Citi Double Cash, Fidelity Investment Rewards Visa, Discover It Miles, etc.).
- Gold Delta SkyMiles Business Credit Card from American Express
- Platinum Delta SkyMiles Credit Card from American Express
- Platinum Delta SkyMiles Business Credit Card from American Express
- Delta Reserve Credit Card from American Express
- Delta Reserve Business Credit Card from American Express
- An Analysis of the Gold Delta Skymiles Credit Card
- An Analysis of the Platinum Delta SkyMiles credit card
- An Analysis of the Delta Reserve Credit Card
|Card / Notes||Bonus / Annual Fee|
| Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express|
Earning rate: 2X Delta
Noteworthy Perks: Priority boarding, and free checked bags.
Terms Apply. See Rates & Fees
|60K + $50: 60K after $3K spend in 4 months + $50 statement credit after Delta purchase in 1st 4 months
Annual fee waived first year, then $95
Offer Expires: 7/5/17
FM Mini Review: Priority boarding, and free checked bag make this a good option for Delta flyers who do not have elite status. However, those who can make use of an annual companion certificate would do better with the Delta Platinum card
Note: Many more excellent credit card offers, along with application tips for each bank, can be found on our Best Credit Card Offers Page.