Note: American Express is a Frequent Miler advertiser. Please see our Advertiser Disclosure.
|Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Business Credit Card from American Express||35K + 5K MQMs after $1,000 spend in first 3 months + $100 statement credit adter Delta purchase in 1st 4 months|
The Platinum Delta SkyMiles Business Credit Card is a great choice for those who fly Delta domestically with a companion at least once per year (thanks to its annual companion certificate), and for big spenders who seek Delta elite status. For the later, the Platinum card offers 10,000 MQMs (Medallion Qualifying Miles) and 10,000 bonus miles after $25,000 in calendar year spend, and again at $50,000 spend.
At $195 per year, the card isn’t cheap, but it does offer priority boarding, free checked bags, and an annual economy companion certificate each year upon renewal. Unfortunately, this certificate can only be used for domestic economy tickets and those seats are not upgradeable. Still, the companion certificate alone can make the Platinum card worth keeping.
Those seeking even more MQMs through spend, and/or better perks such as SkyClub access and first class companion certificates should consider the Delta Reserve card instead.
The personal version of this card is almost identical, but the business card has a few advantages:
- Earn cash back automatically from Amex OPEN Savings
- Amex business cards are not shown as accounts on personal credit reports. This is particularly helpful when signing up for Chase credit cards (since Chase frequently denies applications for those who have signed up for 5 or more cards in the past 24 months).
- Platinum Delta SkyMiles Credit Card from American Express
- Delta Reserve Credit Card from American Express
- Delta Reserve Business Credit Card from American Express
- Gold Delta SkyMiles Credit Card from American Express
- Gold Delta SkyMiles Business Credit Card from American Express
- An Analysis of the Gold Delta Skymiles Credit Card
- An Analysis of the Platinum Delta SkyMiles credit card
- An Analysis of the Delta Reserve Credit Card
|Card / Notes||Bonus / Annual Fee|
| Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Business Credit Card from American Express|
Earning rate: 2X Delta
Big spend bonus: Earn 10K bonus miles and MQMs (towards elite status) after $25K spend and another 10K bonus miles and MQMs after $50K spend per calendar year.
Noteworthy Perks: Free domestic economy companion certificate after first year. Priority boarding and free checked bags.
Terms and Limitations Apply. See Rates & Fees
See also: An Analysis of the Platinum Delta SkyMiles credit card
|35K + 5K MQMs after $1,000 spend in first 3 months + $100 statement credit adter Delta purchase in 1st 4 months
$195 annual fee
Recent better offer: 70K + 10K MQMs after $5K spend in 4 months + $100 statement credit after Delta purchase in 1st 4 months (Expired 7-5-17)
FM Mini Review: Good choice for frequent Delta flyers who can make use of annual companion certificate
Note: Many more excellent credit card offers, along with application tips for each bank, can be found on our Best Credit Card Offers Page.