|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Alaska Airlines is offering 20% off flights from Mondays through Thursdays and 10% off on Fridays and Saturdays when you use code IFLYALASKA and book by the end of the day on 12/13/19 for travel from 1/7/20 to 3/4/20. That’s a potentially great deal. The promotion is being run in conjunction with Starbucks and was sent out as part of today’s Starbucks Happy Hour promo. It is intended for Starbucks Rewards members — that program is free to join and open to anyone as this sale appears to be.
- Get 20% off flights from Mondays through Thursdays and 10% off on Fridays and Saturdays with Alaska Airlines when you use code IFLYALASKA
- Search and book at alaskaair.com. Use promo code IFLYALASKA in the promo field
- Book by 11:59pm on 12/13/19
- Travel from 1/7/20 to 3/4/20
- Discount only works on economy class flights, but appears to work on both Saver and Main cabin to all Alaska Airlines destinations except Prudhoe Bay
- Up to 6 people per Discount Code, traveling together and booked and ticketed at the same time in the same reservation and at the same fare.
I believe this should work on almost all Alaska Airlines flights — within the continental US, to/from Hawaii or Alaska, to/from international destinations, etc. The discount only works on economy class itineraries. It’s rare to get such a good discount on airfare, so this is definitely worth a look if you’re looking to travel during winter 2020.
To use the promo code, start at AlaskaAir.com and click the link that says “Use discount or companion fare code” under the search box. You’ll be able to enter that code in the box on the next page.
This seems to work on both saver and main cabin fares and it looks like almost every route qualifies. As an example, here are prices I saw from New York to Anchorage in February (one way).
The nice thing about the timing here is that it should stack with the current Amex Offer to get $40 back when spending $200 or more. That’s a targeted offer. If you’re targeted, this could make for a fantastic stack.
You could get a really great price on transcons or other flights within their network as well. If you live in a city served by Alaska Airlines, this deal is worth a look.
Also keep in mind that there is an overlapping award ticket sale during the same travel period, so you’ll also want to check that deal out if you have miles and are looking to spend those rather than money. This deal does not stack with that deal — you won’t get a further discount on award flights — but since the deals are running concurrently, it’s worth comparing.
H/T: Miles Talk
Last updated on December 14th, 2019