|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Both the American Airlines eShopping portal and Ebates are offering 10x rewards today for Marriott stays. Whether you value American Airlines miles at greater than 1c each or you’re rather earn 10% cash back or 10 Membership Rewards points per dollar via Ebates, this is a nice return on paid stays. Remember that you do not need to book advance purchase rates and elite credit / benefits / points will apply.
- Get 10% cash back on Marriott bookings today only via Ebates
- If you are new to Ebates and want to earn Membership Rewards, you’ll want to sign up via this link: www.ebates.com/american-express. (not an affiliate link)
- If you are new to Ebates and prefer to earn cash back, you can sign up with our affiliate link with our thanks.
- Earn 10x AA miles per dollar on Marriott Bonvoy bookings
- Direct link to AAdvantage eShopping
Exclusions are slightly different between the two portals:
- Cash Back is not available at the following brands: Ritz-Carlton Destination Club, Design Hotels, Bulgari, W Hotels; and at the following properties: Atlantis, Autograph Collection, Bulgari Hotel, London, Joshua G.E. Medical Corp. Conference Center, Jesse Jones Rotary Conference Center, Marriott Ranch, Protea Hotel Amani Beach, Protea Hotel Mbweni Ruins, The Ritz-Carlton London, U.S. Postal Service Conference Center, Four Points by Sheraton Havana, The Cosmopolitan Las Vegas, Autograph Collection.
- Rooms booked at the brands are not eligible: Ritz-Carlton Destination Club, Design Hotels, Bulgari, Atlantis, Autograph Collection, Bulgari Hotel, London, Joshua G.E. Medical Corp. Conference Center, Jesse Jones Rotary Conference Center, Marriott Ranch, Protea Hotel Amani Beach, Protea Hotel Mbweni Ruins, The Ritz-Carlton London, U.S. Postal Service Conference Center, Four Points by Sheraton Havana, The Cosmopolitan Las Vegas, Autograph Collection
Also note that bookings made with coupon codes not found on the website may not be eligible, though YMMV on enforcement.
As noted at the top, the nice thing about booking through a portal like American Airlines eShopping or Ebates is that you’re taken directly to the Marriott website to complete your booking, so your stay should qualify for all the usuals (Marriott points, elite benefits, elite credit, etc). You do not need to book prepaid rates. If you book a rate paid at the hotel, you’ll typically receive your portal payout a few weeks after your stay.
Key to note: The Ebates portal now excludes both Design Hotels and W Hotels. The American Airlines portal does not yet have W Hotels on the exclusion list. If you’re looking to book a W, go through AA.
Other than the W Hotels exception, this payout may be more appealing to those who have been able to link Ebates with Membership Rewards to earn an effective 10 Membership Rewards points per dollar (or rather buy Membership Rewards at a rate of 1c each since you’re choosing to forgo 10% cash back here). That’s surely attractive to many.
On the other hand, our Reasonable Redemption Values have American miles pegged at a value of 1.4c each. That value can of course vary depending on how you use them. Assuming you value AA miles at that amount or greater, you may prefer that payout.
While the Ebates site says that “specially negotiated rates, where the customer is required to be affiliated with or employed by a particular company or organization to receive the special rate (e.g., government rate or the Marriott employee rate)“, I’ve anecdotally found that booking the AAA rate can be an eligible rate for cash back. YMMV (a strict reading of the terms might be taken to mean that AAA rates aren’t eligible, so it’s always possible something could change).
Keep in mind also that there is no way to apply this to a previous booking; you would need to cancel your existing booking and re-book through Ebates today (though you’ll of course want to check to make sure rates haven’t increased). Cash back posts within a few weeks after completing your stay.
Overall, a pretty good deal if you have paid bookings to make today.