|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Earlier this morning, we posted about the latest Amex Offer, good for $40 back on $200 or more at Marriott Bonvoy properties (note that offer is only valid at properties in the US / US territories). I noted in that post that it’s a good offer to stack with a nice portal payout. Just such a payout is possible today via either the American Airlines eShopping portal or the United MileagePlus Shopping portal as both portals are currently offering 10x miles for Marriott Bonvoy bookings (rewards here are not limited to US properties and do not need to be prepaid to earn the payout).
American Airlines eShopping:
- Earn 10x AA miles per dollar on Marriott Bonvoy bookings
- Direct link to AAdvantage eShopping
United MileagePlus Shopping:
- Earn 10x United miles per dollar on Marriott Bonvoy bookings
- Direct link to this promotion
- Not eligible on specially negotiated rates, where the customer is required to be affiliated with or employed by a particular company or organization to receive the special rate (e.g., corporate rate, government rate or the Marriott employee rate) are not eligible according to the terms, though YMMV in reality
- Not eligible on specially negotiated rates for Marriott Bonvoy™ members (e.g. Marriott Bonvoy™ offer discount, Marriott Bonvoy™ offer package), with the exception of Marriott Bonvoy™ Member rates
- Rooms that are booked or upgraded and paid for using redeemed Marriott Bonvoy™ Points are not eligible.
- Not eligible at the brands Ritz-Carlton Destination Club, Design Hotels, Bulgari, Atlantis, Autograph Collection, Bulgari Hotel, London, Joshua G.E. Medical Corp. Conference Center, Jesse Jones Rotary Conference Center, Marriott Ranch, Protea Hotel Amani Beach, Protea Hotel Mbweni Ruins, The Ritz-Carlton London, U.S. Postal Service Conference Center, Four Points by Sheraton Havana, The Cosmopolitan Las Vegas, Autograph Collection.
- Not eligible on purchases made with coupon or discount codes that are not found on this site.
- Not eligible on gift cards, gift certificates or any other similar cash equivalents.
It’s always great to see these mileage payouts as those who value the miles highly can get a really nice rebate on paid stays. Since you’ll be booking directly with Marriott (you’re merely clicking through a shopping portal here), you’ll furthermore earn elite credit, Marriott points, and get your elite benefits as usual. You do not need to book prepaid rates. If you book a rate paid at the hotel, you’ll typically receive your portal payout a few weeks after your stay.
There’s no telling for sure when the 10x offers will end, but lately each of these offers has lasted for just one day at a time. That said, the AA portal has offered 10x twice this month already (on March 3rd and March 14th), while it’s been a month to the day since the last time United offered 10x (February 25th).
Note that the terms in both portals indicate that rooms booked at specially-negotiated rates or those requiring the customer to be affiliated with a specific organization are not eligible to earn miles through the airline portals, but I’ve recently received AA miles on both the government rate and the AAA rate. YMMV as the terms seem to indicate those rates aren’t eligible, but they have triggered the payouts in my experience.
Keep in mind also that there is no way to apply this to a previous booking; you would need to cancel your existing booking and re-book through one of these portals today (though you’ll of course want to check to make sure rates haven’t increased). Miles post within a few weeks after completing your stay.
Overall, a pretty good deal if you have paid bookings to make today.
H/T: Traveling for Miles
Last updated on April 6th, 2019