Chase currently has fantastic offers for their three Ink Business cards. The offers add up to 180,000 points. Even though the two fee-free cards are advertised as cash back cards, they actually earn Ultimate Rewards points. And, Ultimate Rewards is my favorite transferable points currency.
Over the weekend, I created a new resource page: How to sign up for Chase Ink cards. This page answers the following questions:
- Do I really need a business to apply? [Quick answer: Yes, but you might have a business without realizing it]
- Can I qualify for the signup bonus if I currently have an Ink card, or have had one in the past?
- What specifically should I put in the business card application?
- I’m over 5/24. Is there any hope? [Chase usually won’t approve you for new cards if you’ve signed up for 5 or more cards with any bank in the past 24 months, but there are a couple of things you can try even if you are over 5/24]
- What can I do to increase my chances of approval?
Please check out the new page and refer to it before applying for Ink Business cards (or for any other Chase business cards):
Also keep in mind the following:
Chase Application Tips
- Shut-Down Caution: Signing up for new Chase cards can lead to Chase reviewing your accounts. This may lead to Chase shutting down all of your accounts if you appear to be a credit risk. See this post for details and recommendations: Why Chase shutdowns have increased and how to avoid them.
- 5/24 Rule: With most Chase cards, you won't get approved if your credit report shows 5 or more cards opened in the past 24 months. Details here.
- 24/48 Month Rule: With most Chase cards, you can get the same card and bonus again 24 months after having received the bonus as long as you no longer have the card open. With Sapphire cards, you must wait 48 months. No wait is required for Chase Ink cards.
- 30 Day Rule: It is tough to get approved for more than 2 Chase cards within 30 days
- Get Same Card Again: You can get the same exact card and again if you first cancel the older card and follow the 24/48 month rule. Ink cards are OK to get again without cancelling previous card if you apply with a new business.
- Better Offers: You may be able to get a better offer than the best available public offer. Details here.
- Hard inquiries combine into 1 when approved same day (not always true when mixing business and personal)
Call (888) 338-2586 to check your application status
If denied, call reconsideration here:1-888-270-2127 for both personal and business cards