Welcome to our weekly list of what’s ending this week as well as a collection of some of the best ongoing deals around.
This week, we have several targeted offers ending, including an increased offer through Hertz that I’ve used several times successfully. The Citi transfer bonus to Cathay Pacific is scheduled to end this week, and increased shopping portal bonuses at Gilt City are still alive. All that and more below.
Without further ado, here are this week’s Last Chance Deals. Those are followed by deals that Won’t Last Long and our Other Limited-time Offers. Deals in bold were posted this week.
|Last Chance Deals|
Expires Monday, September 4, 2017
- New Amex Offers: Marriott, Best Buy, Five Guys, More (Offers begin expiring 9/4/17)
- $30 or 3,000 points back at Overstock (Expires 9/4/17)
Expires Wednesday, September 6, 2017
Expires Friday, September 8, 2017
- $50 back on $150 at AirBnB [Targeted Amex Offer]: Great offer if you’ve got it, but highly targeted. (Ends 9/8/17)
Expires Saturday, September 9, 2017
- More than 5K United miles per rental with Hertz [Targeted] Targeted promo ends 9/9/17, open promo ends 9/30/17)
- Staples: Buy $300 in Visa or Mastercard gift cards, get $15 store gift card
|Won’t Last Long|
- 20x Alaska Miles at Gilt City, American 21x, other airlines offering similar payouts: Not sure how long these huge payouts will last, but they are still on at the time of this writing.
- Last call for Merrill+ $1,000 in airfare: Word on the street is that this card will disappear in mid-September. No word as to exactly when — but not much longer to go on this offer.
- Easy moneymaker: Spend $30 at AT&T, earn a profit [Targeted]: I don’t have this one available on any of my cards, so I don’t have a firm expiration date. See the terms of your offer for more detail.
- Increased referral bonuses: Not sure exactly when these will end, so refer friends while you can.
|Other Limited-Time Offers|
Sign-up Bonuses / Credit Cards
- Southwest 60K offers back: Companion Pass after $4K spend: Not sure what the end date is on this offer. If it lasts into October, it would be ideal for those looking for nearly 2 years of Companion Pass eligibility. I suspect it might not last that long, but we’ll see.
- Nice: 60K American AAdvantage miles after a single purchase + fee
- Best ever 100K+ free night Hilton offer is back: The recent high offer on both Hilton Amex cards has returned through October 4th. (Expires 10/4/17)
- 10,000 Starpoints for adding authorized users [Targeted]: While some may avoid this promo if all of their possible AUs are under or soon-to-be under 5/24, I certainly intend to scoop up ten thousand easy Starpoints by adding users.
- Surprise: No email, still targeted for 10K per AU:(Expires 9/30/17)
- Jet Blue all-time high offer of 40K points: Nice offer for JetBlue flyers.
- Highest-ever bonus: 40K miles & 10K MQMs: This is the best bonus there has ever been on the Reserve card. If you’re eligible and had it on your radar, this is definitely the bonus to take on this card.
- New 50K offer on Cathay Pacific card: The Asia Miles program is well worth a look. While 50K miles on their own aren’t wildly exciting, the ease of amassing enough for a reasonably-priced round-the-world journey might make this low-hanging fruit particularly attractive.
- New 50K offer, but I don’t recommend applying yet: Now that we know the details of the Prestige card, I think this one could be a consideration for some readers — especially those who are put off by the high spend requirement on the Prestige.
- Citi Prestige 75K link live: The long-awaited increase in signup bonus came this week. Is the card still a keeper? You decide.
[EXPIRED] Virgin Atlantic “90K” offer returns (but it’s really 75K)
- Up to 50,000 JetBlue TrueBlue points for student loan refinance: There is no set expiration date on this offer, but it is likely to be available for a limited time
- 50K easy American Airlines miles – increased Barclaycard Aviator offer: Another limited-time offer without a clear expiration. With only a single purchase and payment of the annual fee (that is to say no minimum spend amount required), this offer is a great deal. AA really seems to be promoting this offer — it was in the in-flight magazine and on the TV monitors on the plane — leading me to believe that this should be around for at least a month. Still, without knowing for sure I would encourage you to take advantage sooner rather than later if this is of interest.
- Up to 75K United miles with targeted MileagePlus Explorer offer
- Better than Best Offers available for some cards
- 40% transfer bonus to British Airways Avios (Expires 9/17/17)
- Transfer bonus from Citi to Hilton: Even with the bonus, this is one to skip unless you’re topping off your account for an award (Expires 9/20/17)
- 4X additional Membership Rewards for Gas [targeted]: Great deal if you were targeted.
- $30 Amazon Gift Card, Free Friday night with 2 Club Carlson Promos: A couple of good promotions here if you have upcoming stays with Club Carlson properties. One promotion ends 9/4/17 and the other 9/30/17.
- Did you get an SPG bonus offer?: This promotion is targeted and so are the end dates, but many people have reported 9/30/17 as an end date. See the terms of your offer if you received one.
- Fast-track to A-list [Targeted?]: Must register before flying and complete travel by 9/30/17.
- Can you buy IHG points for 0.46 cents per point?: I can’t see this one, but I believe it was working for bookings through 9/30/17. If you’re in the market for IHG points, check it out.
- $160 back on $800 at Delta [Targeted]: This one has disappeared from the sync, but the offer ends 10/7/17)
- Amex Offer: $50 back on $200 at HotelStorm: The terms of this offer imply that it is repeatable, so this could be a good way to save $50 on your hotel stays. Just keep in mind that you will probably not receive any elite credits / benefits / points on 3rd party bookings like this. (Expires 10/12/17)
- SPG to AA Transfer Bonus Up to 30% (but I don’t recommend it (Expires 10/15/17)
- New IHG PointBreaks Full List: (Expires 10/31/17)
- Free night anywhere with 2 stays: You must check out of your second stay no later than 11/1/17 and pay with Masterpass.
- $100 back on $500 at Ritz-Carlton with new Amex Offer (Expires 12/11/17)
- Hilton Double Up: 2X points Sept 1-December 31st, Diamonds earn more (Ends December 31st, but register before you stay)
- Hyatt Globalist fast track for all credit card holders: Register and complete your stays by December 31st
- One Two Free is back: 1 free day after 2 rentals: Earn through 2/28/16, use certificates by 6/15/18)
- 11X AA miles spending offer [Targeted]: This offer seems to be targeted around your anniversary date. In my case, if I use it in August, September, and October I will receive this bonus. YMMV – your months may vary.
- 1-800 Flowers Amex Offer & Mileage Stacking
- Earn 3X JetBlue Points Per Dollar Shopping on Amazon
- Get Great Moving Offers Including 15% Off Amazon & More
- Earn 1.5k-5k AA miles for joining Sam’s Club
- 3K-5K+ easy Alaska miles, enter to win 150K: The Dash for Miles ends 9/30/17, but the shopping portal bonus ends 8/18/17, so take a look at this one sooner rather than later to max out earnings.
- $20 back on $50 at Whole Foods (Expires 9/25/17)
- Chase Amazon promo – free $10 [Targeted] (Credit expires 9/30/17)
- Wine for less than $2 a bottle: TopCashBack has stopped paying out on Martha Stewart Wine Co, so your per-bottle price will be a bit higher, but still excellent for wines that readers have reported are pretty good so far. This is definitely a deal to persue. (Expires 9/30/17)
- Save on TV or cell service and Hilton: The Hilton offer expires 10/17/17 and the TV/Internet parts expire 11/15/1
- The 1800Flowers Amex Offer is Back. Do we care? (Expires 10/31/17)
- Crazy good Amex AT&T offer: Spend $150 get $100 [highly targeted]
- More Amex 2X merchants (Expires 12/31/17)
Bank Account Bonuses
- List of great bank account signup bonuses available this month.
- Charles Schwab Checking $100 Bonus (Comes with Free International ATMs)