Cathay Pacific is offering a 50% bonus on points converted to miles from select hotel loyalty programs if you haven’t converted points from hotels to Asia miles since May 1, 2017. Participating programs include Hyatt, Hilton, IHG, Radisson Rewards, Best Western, and more. Unfortunately, they are not offering this bonus with Starwood or Marriott, which means that this one is only useful if you have hotel points that would otherwise expire unused. As always, we have added this to our Current point transfer bonuses page.
- Get a 50% bonus on points converted from select hotel programs to Cathay Pacific Asia Miles if you have not transferred hotel points to Asia miles since May 2017 if you convert between May 8, 2018 and June 30, 2018
- Direct link to promotion page
- No limit to the number of conversions you can do or the number of programs from whcih you convert (50% bonus will apply to the cumulative total miles converted from hotel points)
- Bonus miles will post on or before September 30, 2018
- Points must be converted to miles between May 8, 2018 and June 30, 2018
- Registered name on your Asia Miles account must match the name on your hotel loyalty program account
- See the promotion page linked above for full terms
With the bonus being offered, here are the transfer ratios for the programs most likely to be of interest for US-based readers (see the promotion page for the full list)
- Le Club Accor: 2 Le Club Accor points = 1.5 Asia miles
- Best Western: 5,000 Best Western Rewards = 1,500 Asia Miles
- Radission Rewards: 10 Radisson Rewards = 1.5 Asia Miles
- Hilton: 10,000 Hilton points = 1,500 Asia Miles
- Hyatt: 2.5 Hyatt points = 1.5 Asia Miles
- IHG: 5 IHG points = 1.5 Asia miles
- SPG & Marriott: No bonus
As you can see, the transfer ratios are poor from the programs included in this bonus. Even after the bonus, they don’t represent a very good value in most cases. Maybe there is an opportunity for someone who would otherwise book expensive business class fares to load up on cheap IHG points and make a redemption that makes some sense, but it would still make for an expensive proposition.
That said, if you have points expiring in any of the eligible programs, you might consider transferring them to Asia miles if you are more likelt to use them that way. Asia Miles is an Amex transfer partner, Citi transfer partner, and SPG transfer partner, making it easy to put together the miles necessary for an award.
As always, we have added this to our Current point transfer bonuses page.
H/T: Loyalty Lobby