Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Quick Deals.
There’s a new Rover.com Amex Offer available today which can save you money – or earn bonus points – if you need someone to look after your dog while you’re traveling.
- Spend $75+ at Rover.com, get a $20 statement credit, or
- Spend $75+ at Rover.com, get 2,000 Membership Rewards points.
- Expires August 16, 2018.
- Spend $75 in one or more transactions.
- Offer valid online only for Dog Boarding, House Sitting, Drop-In Visits, Doggy Day Care, and Dog Walking services.
- Excludes Rover Store or Rover Goods purchases made at https://store.rover.com and all services in Canada.
- Not valid for e-gift card purchases.
- Valid only on purchases made in US dollars.
We use Rover.com for dog boarding whenever we travel overseas as we found a great person to look after Truffles. It can also be a useful way of finding someone to walk your dog during the day while you’re working.
This isn’t as good as past Rover.com Amex Offers which offered $30 off when spending $75. With that version of the offer, it’d often be more economical to book several shorter stays rather than one long stay as the multiple statement credits would offset any long stay discounts that you’d be forgoing. With only $20 back this time, you’re likely better off booking one long stay, but do the math to see if that’s the case. Having said that, if you have the 2,000 Membership Rewards offer on multiple cards, it might be better to make several shorter bookings.
They take payments immediately in my experience, so you can book stays beyond August 16 and still get the statement credit / bonus points.
Rover.com unfortunately isn’t on any cashback portals, but you can get a discount off your first booking when being referred – here’s my referral link. You get $20 to use towards your first booking and I get a $20 credit towards a future booking.
If you use this referral link, that means you can make a $95 booking through Rover.com and only spend $55 after the referral discount and Amex Offer statement credits have been taken into account.