Every few months there seem to be great stacking opportunities or Groupons for new Sam’s Club memberships. It’s not often though that you can get something back when renewing your Sam’s Club membership. Well, here comes Discover to the rescue.
- Get a $10 gift card when you join or renew your Sam’s Club membership in store.
- Direct link (you’ll need to be logged in to your Discover account first).
- Visit a store location with the printed or saved offer details.
- Offer valid through December 31, 2018.
- Discover card must be used for payment.
- Offer not valid online.
- Gift card will be provided at the time membership card is issued.
- This offer may not be combined with any other offer or promotion.
- Only one gift card per primary member.
- Gift card may not be used to pay for membership fee, travel purchases or select services, and must be claimed within 30 days of membership signup or renewal connected with this program.
- Walmart and Sam’s Club associates are not eligible for this offer. A Sam’s Savings Membership include one primary card and one spouse (or other household member 18 or older) card. A Sam’s Business Membership includes one primary card, one company card and one spouse (or other household member 18 or older) card.
- Primary memberships are valid for one year from the date of issue.
Seeing as Sam’s Club doesn’t usually offer deals to renewing members, a $10 gift card represents a decent 22% discount for renewing a $45 membership.
I was initially optimistic about the possibilities for new memberships, thinking it might stack with this new membership deal that’s running until June 21, albeit with only $10 in Acorns Found Money rather than $20. However, the terms of the Discover deal state that it can’t be combined with any other offer or promotion. Seeing as both the new membership deal and Discover deal require the use of a promotion / activation code, it probably wouldn’t work.
If you’re in the market for a new Sam’s Club membership though, it might be worth giving that stacking opportunity a try. The Activation code for the new membership is five digits long, whereas the Discover deal is six digits. The registers might therefore not be hard coded to disallow both deals, but it might also be dependent on the cashier allowing you to use both offers.
Either way, if you pay with a Discover card, make sure it’s linked to your Acorns account to get $10 for a new membership. I doubt it’d work with renewals, but it’s worth trying seeing as it’d be a $45 charge from the Customer Service desk.
If your Sam’s Club membership isn’t due to renew for another few months, that’s even better. That’s because Wholesale Clubs like Sam’s Club are one of the Discover 5% cashback bonus categories for Q4.