Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Quick Deals.
There’s a new Choice Privileges triple points promotion which will stack nicely with another promotion they’re running at the moment.
- Use the Choice Hotels app to make a reservation by July 18, 2018 for stays completed by August 20, 2018 and earn triple points.
- A stay includes all consecutive nights at the same hotel regardless of check-ins or checkouts.
- Only valid for qualifying stays, which exclude rooms booked below certain rates, complimentary rooms, rooms paid for as part of a convention or meeting, rooms booked through a travel agent or third party online retailer as part of pre-paid wholesale rates, wholesale packages or senior tours.
- Stays at vacation rental properties also do not qualify for this promotion.
- After completing a qualifying stay by August 20, 2018, member will be awarded a one-time bonus of triple Choice Privileges points, up to a maximum of 20,000 bonus points.
- Only one room per member per check-in date will be awarded the bonus points.
- The bonus points will be added to the member’s account 4-8 weeks after the promotion ends on August 20, 2018.
- Member must click on or open this promotional email to be eligible.
- Only available to U.S. residents.
- Valid for the intended recipient of this email only; access or use of this promotion by anyone else will not be honored.
This triple points offer for making a reservation using the Choice Hotels app is a pretty generous offer. It’ll also stack nicely with their current 5,000-8,000 bonus point offer when staying twice within a similar promotion period.
In case you’re not familiar with the Choice Privileges program, you earn 10 base points per dollar spent. That means by making reservations through their app you’ll earn a total of 30 points per dollar. You’d be giving up ~5% cashback, but 20 bonus points per dollar should more than offset that.
You can earn a maximum of 20,000 bonus points from this triple points offer. Seeing as you’ll earn 20 bonus points per dollar, you’d need to spend $1,000 at Choice Hotels properties in order to max out the promotion.
One thing that’s a little bit of a shame about the promotion is that you can only earn the bonus points for one room per check-in. That’s because Choice Privileges allows you to earn 10 base points per dollar for up to four rooms per night. In a scenario like that, you’d miss out on bonus points for three of those rooms, although you’d still earn the base points for them.
The email about this Choice Privileges triple points offer suggests it’s targeted and that you have to at least open the email to be eligible. My wife received the offer and she’s never made a reservation through the app, so they might only be sending it to members who’ve not used it before. Check your emails even if you’ve used their app though as in reality they might invite all Choice Privileges members.
We actually have an upcoming stay at a Quality Inn during the promotion period. Unfortunately we booked a non-refundable rate, so can’t cancel and rebook using the app to earn triple points.