Staples.com is now offering $300 Visa gift cards for purchase online.
Each card has a fee of $8.95 ($7.95 purchase fee + $1 shipping fee). While that sounds steep, it’s better than Staples’ previous best option: $200 Visa with $6.95 fee. As a percentage of total, the fee for the $300 gift card is approximately 3% whereas the fee for the $200 Visa is approximately 3.5%:
- $200 Visa: $6.95 fee is 3.475% of face value
- $300 Visa: $8.95 fee is 2.98% of face value
This is a good deal when paying with a card that earns 5X points at office supply stores (e.g. Ink Plus, Ink Cash, Amex SimplyCash).
- You must purchase less than $2000 worth of cards per order.
- These Visa cards can be used at stores like Walmart and Target as debit cards. Use the last four digits as the PIN.
- Shopping through portals does not work to earn additional rewards, but it can’t hurt to try.
Hat Tip: Dan’s Deals