Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.
There’s a new promotion today to get up to 30,000 American Airlines AAdvantage miles by opening an investment account with Betterment. While I’m not very familiar with Betterment, the bonus may be attractive if you’re looking to open an investment account (though I’d of course recommend doing your due diligence with regard to whether or not Betterment offers the type of investment platform you’d like to have).
- Open a new investment account with Betterment, make qualifying net deposits within 45 days and maintain those deposits for a minimum of 60 days and you can receive bonus AAdvantage miles per the following tiers:
- Net deposits of $15,000 to $49,999, get 5,000 AAdvantage miles
- Net deposits of $50,000 to $99,999, get 15,000 AAdvantage miles
- Net deposits of $100,000 or more, get 30,000 AAdvantage miles
- Direct link to this promotion
- Valid only for new customers who open a taxable Betterment account by 4/18/18 and fund the account with $15,000 or more in net deposits within 45 days of account opening
- Net deposits are determined by determining assets deposited minus assets withdrawn and transferred out of Betterment
- Must be outside assets new to Betterment
- Rollovers and tax advantaged accounts like 401Ks, IRAs, etc do not qualify
- Allow 3-4 weeks from the end of the holding period to see the AAdvantage miles post to your account
I don’t have any experience with Betterment, but the bonuses aren’t bad if you’re looking to start an investment account or move investments from elsewhere. The miles probably wouldn’t be enough to pique my interest if I were happy with my current brokerage account — but a bonus is nice if it’s something you were already considering. For what it’s worth, they advertise unlimited advice for 0.25%. If it’s good advice, that may be an attractive price. If you’re investing more than $100K, you also have the option to pay 0.40% for a few more bells and whistles:
Read more of the details on pricing here.
Last updated on April 21st, 2018