|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
There’s a new Amex Offer out today for Marriott Bonvoy hotels: Spend $200+, get $40 back. This one is targeted, but it’s a good one to add to save some money on an upcoming stay.
- A new targeted Amex Offer is out to get $40 back when you spend $200 or more at Marriott Bonvoy hotels.
- Limit 1 enrolled Card per Card Member across all American Express offer channels.
- Offer valid only at participating Marriott Bonvoy™ properties in the U.S. and U.S. territories.
- Excludes Marriott Vacation Club®, Design Hotels™, Protea Hotels®, and Marriott Executive Apartments®.
- Excludes gift card purchases (YMMV on enforcement)
- Offer not valid for lodging stays that are paid for before the promotion start date or after the promotion end date.
- See your offer for full terms
If you have paid Marriott stays coming up, saving forty bucks beats the return you’d otherwise earn on a Marriott credit card. If this shows up on one of your Bonvoy cards, all the better.
Keep in mind that this offer is valid only at properties in the US and US territories. It also excludes Design Hotels. The Protea exclusion is redundant since those are outside the US anyway.
Historically, Amex Offers like this for Marriott have been triggered by a gift card purchase at the front desk despite the fact that the terms exclude gift cards purchases. YMMV, and remember that you would need to purchase at the front desk to have a chance — purchases made in the gift shop almost surely will not trigger the offer. I haven’t tried to purchase a gift card post-Bonvoy, but it has always been kind of hit-or-miss as to whether properties sell gift cards at all and then whether or not they have them in stock (and in my experience it is just as much a gamble as to whether or not the employee at the desk is trained in how to load/sell them). It might be worth calling to see if a location has them before you make a trip to the hotel. Also note that, at least to my knowledge, Marriott gift cards can not be used at legacy Starwood hotels.
It’s worth syncing this up now and stacking it the next time we see a double-digit portal payout on Marriott hotels. Since booking through a portal brings you to the Marriott site to book directly, such a booking should easily trigger this offer while enabling you to double-dip with portal rewards. We’ve been seeing increased rates every couple of weeks, so it should be easy to catch a good opportunity during the offer period.
As always, we have added this to our Current Amex Offers database.