Update 5/25/20: Doctor of Credit reports that this promotion is targeted by Amazon account rather than by Amex account, which means that you could theoretically take advantage of this deal a second time by (for example) adding your Amex to a spouse’s account (assuming he/she does not have an Amex account of their own). Personally, I’d caution against doing this. A couple of years ago I got an unexpected email from Amazon stating that my account was shut down and I was no longer welcome to order from Amazon.com. The gist of it was that they said they closed my account for using a payment method that I wasn’t authorized to use. My wife had recently placed an order on my computer and used one of her cards to pay for it and that’s the only thing I could think of that could have triggered it. After appeal / investigation, they restored my account without fully explaining why it was closed or why they overturned it. I’ve since avoided cross-contaminating payment methods at Amazon because I value my account too much to risk it.
As reported by Deals We Like, Amazon is offering either 30% off or 40% off (up to a max discount of $30 or $50 respectively) for targeted customers when you use at least 1 Membership Rewards point. This is a new offer, so it’s definitely worth checking to see if you’re eligible.
- Amazon has two new targeted offers for those using at least 1 Membership Rewards point at checkout: save either 40% (up to $50 off $125) or 30% (up to $30 off $100)
- Direct link to see if you are targeted (our affiliate link)
- his is a limited time offer. The promotion will end on the earlier of (a) 11:59 PT on 6/30/2020, or (b) the time at which 12,000 customers have redeemed the offer. The promotion button will expire concurrently.
- Amazon.com reserves the right to cancel or modify this offer at any time.
- Offer is available by invitation only, is non-transferable, is not redeemable for cash, and may not be resold.
- Offer applies only to the purchase where Membership Rewards points are used for at least a portion of the purchase and the promotion is applied at checkout.
- Offer only applies to products shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Products sold by third-party sellers or other Amazon entities will not qualify for this offer, even if they are “fulfilled by Amazon.com” or “Prime Eligible”.
- Maximum benefit you may receive from this offer is $50 per eligible Membership Rewards enrolled card per one account
- Offer may not be combined with other offers.
- Shipping charges may apply to discounted promotional items.
- Offer does not apply to purchase of digital content.
- Offer discount will be allocated proportionally among all promotional items in your original order. If any of the items in your original order are subsequently returned, your refund will equal the original price of the product, less the proportional amount of the discount. The total discount on the unreturned amount of your original order will then be less than the maximum discount availed.
- If any of the products related to your original order are returned, subject to Amazon’s refund policy, you will receive a refund of the amount charged to your card first, followed by Membership Rewards points.
- Promotional codes (including those placed directly in accounts) may not be redeemed for Amazon Gift Cards.
- This promotion is available only to Amazon.com customers with an eligible Membership Rewards points card issued in United States.
- Promotional credit is applied before taxes and fees.
- If you violate any of these terms, the offer will be invalid.
Keep in mind that you’ll need to first click through and activate the offer, then apply at least 1 Membership Rewards point at checkout. Be sure not to use more than 1 point / $0.01 in points. You will otherwise get horrible value for points.
As usual, this deal works on 3rd party gift cards, so it should be super easy to make use of this one even if you’re not shopping at Amazon. Link to third party gift cards (our affiliate link).
H/T: Deals We Like