Alaska Mileage Plan shopping is offering a portal bonus from 2/5/18 through 2/11/18: Spend $150 through the portal and get 500 bonus miles on top of your normal earnings.
- Spend $150 or more through the Alaksa Mileage Plan Shopping portal from 2/5-2/11 and receive 500 bonus miles
- Direct link to the promotion
- This is a one-time bonus on cumulative purchases during the bonus period
- Does not include shipping & handling charges or sales tax
- Terms exclude gift card or cash equivalent purchases (but see our Laboratory for real-world results)
- Includes both online and in-store purchases – you must link your credit card for in-store mileage — see here to link your card(s).
I love earning Alaska miles. Five hundred miles isn’t really enough to get me focused on this promotion, but I’ll certainly take the bonus into consideration if I make any purchases online this week. Noteworthy is the fact that both United and American are also currently running similar portal bonuses (See: Valentine’s Day Portal Bonuses: Earn Extra Miles With American & United), though they each require $200 spend vs Alaska’s $150 spend requirement. Both United & Alaska are including in-store purchases with your linked card.
Alaska doesn’t usually have the highest portal rates, but they currently have a few stores with increased rates. At the moment, they are offering the highest return at Backcountry.com:
If you were to make a purchase of exactly $150 from Backcountry, you would earn a total of 2,000 Alaska miles (150 x 10 = 1500 + 500 bonus) for an effective rate of 13.333 miles per dollar spent. That’s a pretty nice return. If you’re more interested in earning miles with United or American, see the previous Quick Deal post on the portal bonuses those airlines are currently offering.