|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Delta SkyMiles is out with another flash sale, offering business class flights to Europe on a number of routes from August into September for 128,000 SkyMiles round trip. While that’s a good deal for Delta SkyMiles if you’re flush with those miles and itching for a trip to Europe, this flash sale also means there is good availability to book the same flights for 50K Virgin Atlantic miles each way. Since Virgin is a Chase transfer partner, Amex transfer partner, Citi transfer partner, and Marriott transfer partner, it should be easy to put together the miles for a business class award ticket to Europe.
- Delta is offering a SkyMiles flash sale with many routes to Europe available for 128,000 SkyMiles round trip in business class
- Direct link to Delta flash sale
- In many cases, the same flights can be booked via Virgin Atlantic Flying Club for 50K miles each way
- Delta flash sale indicates it is available for bookings through tomorrow (April 19, 2019)
- SkyMiles flash sale is valid for travel from August 7, 2019 to September 5, 2019
- Not all airports are bookable via the Virgin Atlantic website (though you may be able to book some not shown over the phone)
I’ve noted before how these Delta flash sales are always a good reminder to check out Virgin Atlantic. If I had a huge stash of Delta miles, I’d certainly rather use them for good value here than transfer more flexible currencies to Virgin Atlantic, but if I were transferring Membership Rewards to Delta, I’d certainly rather transfer fewer miles for the same flights. Furthermore, while Delta sometimes requires round trip purchase for the best deals, you can book Virgin Atlantic awards as separate one-ways for 50K each way.
There are quite a few popular European routes noted on the promo page, and as with past flash sales I’d bet that you may find availability through additional city pairs if your preferred route is not included. The booking window is short on the Delta flash sale, though you may still find some of these routes bookable through Virgin after the flash sale ends since flights available for partner booking aren’t always limited to the cheapest options when you’re dealing with Delta.
Overall, there are some solid deals especially considering the popular late summer travel period.
H/T: Miles to Memories
Last updated on April 20th, 2019