Barclaycard has increased their already generous sign up bonus on the American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard: you can now earn 50,000 American Airlines miles on first purchase and payment of the annual fee.
- 50,000 American Airlines miles on first purchase and payment of the annual fee
- $95 Annual fee charged on 1st statement
- Earn 2X on American Airlines
- Earn 1X everywhere else
- First checked bag free
- Preferred boarding for the primary cardmember and up to 4 companions traveling on the same reservation
- 10% rebate on AA awards (up to 10K per year)
- Reduced mileage awards
- 25% off in-flight purchases
- From the terms: This one-time AAdvantage® bonus mileage offer is valid for first-time cardmembers with new accounts only. Existing cardmembers, existing accounts, and previous cardmember with accounts closed in the past 24 months may not be eligible for this offer. This is a limited-time offer and may be canceled at any time without notice. Please allow 4-6 weeks for AAdvantage® bonus miles to be deposited into your AAdvantage® account after the qualifying transaction has posted and your annual fee has been paid.
This is an outstanding offer. The sign up bonus is theoretically enough to get 2 free round trip coach flights within the US (if you can find availability). Alternatively, you could fly a route like Cairo to Tokyo on Etihad in first class for 50K American Airlines miles. That kind of bonus with no minimum spend is terrific. My wife was planning to sign up for this card under the previous offer of 40K miles, but we had been dragging our feet these past couple of weeks. In this case, procrastination is going to pay off as she will definitely apply for the 50K offer. We’re not sure how long this one will be around, but it’s an offer that is definitely worth a look.
Last updated on March 31st, 2019